Highlighted
BigCat81
1 Nickel

Aurora R4 CPU Pump Always Running

Jump to solution

Recently I noticed that the system fan on my R4 was running very loud while playing games.  After reading through the forums I decided to take the liquid cooling pump out and take it apart.  I found that it was partially clogged so I cleaned it up and applied fresh thermal paste to it and the CPU.  Since doing that it has been much quieter and the temps are staying around 25.  However I have noticed that the thermal controls in Command Center shows the CPU pump as "running" and that never changes.  I seem to remember that in the past it would show "idle" at times but I can't remember for sure.  Could this be a problem? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: Aurora R4 CPU Pump Always Running

Jump to solution

However I have noticed that the thermal controls in Command Center shows the CPU pump as "running" and that never changes. 

Good work doing that repair.

The pump in the Asetek Cooler must be running any time the machine is turned on.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: Aurora R4 CPU Pump Always Running

Jump to solution

However I have noticed that the thermal controls in Command Center shows the CPU pump as "running" and that never changes. 

Good work doing that repair.

The pump in the Asetek Cooler must be running any time the machine is turned on.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos