Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 5th, 2013 16:00

Aurora R4 Front Panel Stuck

Just received my R4 last week and ran into one snag.

When I push the Alien Head to release the front panel, it starts to slide down then gets stuck. I dont see anything visually out of place.

The panel can be pushed down to complete the opening process but from what Ive seen online, the panel should just fall gently into place after pressing the Alien Head.

Any thoughts on this?

445 Posts

August 5th, 2013 17:00

I hope you get a answer because I am having the same problem. I have removed the cover to see if I could see what's causing it, but really don't see anything out of place. My computer  is 10 months old and started doing that a couple months ago.

4 Posts

August 6th, 2013 15:00

Contacted Dell today. They are sending me a new assembly and I'm going to swap it out. Told them I did not want a tech to be sent out due to a bad experience in the past. Took some work, but they finally agreed.

445 Posts

August 6th, 2013 15:00

Thanks for that information. I too have had bad experiences with a tech they always send out. He always calls with all kinds of sob stories about having to work late he's really busy etc. etc. then leaves with the job half done so I will try to have them send me the parts and I will do it myself. Much easier that way and a lot less irritation.

4 Posts

August 7th, 2013 18:00

Received the replacement bezel and replaced the broken bezel. Problem solved.

4 Posts

The process isn't that involved if you've built your own custom PC. Took me about 40 minutes. I took my time and ensured I routed the cables properly.

445 Posts

I haven't called Alienware support yet as I will be gone the rest of the week. How much of a job was it to replace that part? I looked at the layout online and it doesn't look that easy.

445 Posts

August 7th, 2013 19:00

Yes, I have built a few computers so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input.

No Events found!