Highlighted
2 Iron

Aurora R4 GTX 590 SLI

Just Bought the new Aurora R4 had a question about the SLI compability with GTX 590's

• Intel Core i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.1Ghz
  • 16GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
  • 3GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
  • 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, English, w/Media
  • 875W multi-GPU-capable power supply

Is it possible for it to run SLI? Iam ok with buying an extra power supply, anything for the dual gtx 590's.

I want them really bad, if no, please explain.

Thank You For Your Time:)

0 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
2 Iron

Delivery date changed yesterday for today......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Sooooo, anyway even if it does overheat will it work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Zinc

If you manged to squeeze those cards in there it will more than likely overheat. This will be due to 4 GPUS running in a smaller case. The 590's are dual exhaust because of 2 GPU's per card. You will need to crank up the PCI fan thru the Command Center and should put it on a curve so it spins up faster when gaming. Check this link out for more details-

alienwareusersupport.weebly.com/desktops.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Send us a screenshot of your temps. If it reaches a certain temp your computer will turn off or youll get artifacts on your screen. Possibly fry your card too. Let us kno what your temps are after playing a demading game for more than 30 minutes. (people on this forum have had their computers turn off after just minutes of use, because of heat.)

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

ATi 6950 2GB @6970 Full Unlock

6GB Tri-Channel 1333mhz RAM

2x 500GB Barracuda HDD Raid 1

2x 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD Raid 0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

How can u be so sure, Aurora r4 starts shipping january.... Nobody has it yet. Anyway the new one has liquid cooling that should be enough to withstand the two video cards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

They are all liquid cooled. The processor has the liquid cooling NOT the video card. The aurora r4 has the same chassis as the oldest model the R1. It has never changed. The only difference is the new chipset. We arent just telling you this for fun, we have reasons. Listen to the more knowledgeable folk. But you can try it if your so deadset on it.

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

But like I said Origin offers liquid cooled EVERYTHING if you got the money. Its better in every way. Return it and get an Origin. You'll be glad you did. I own an Alienware and im telling you they are not all they are cracked up to be. They look cool thats about it.

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

This is not fun, I am actually serious about this, secondly they're different, and are you some kind of person working for origin PC because all I hear you say is go buy origin JS . Finnaly it is build with active fans throughout liquid cooling as is to prevent overheating in the ENTIRE system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

btw i spent 3400$ on it and would have spent even more on origin for the same computer.

I CHECKED!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

Everytime I mention Origin I mentioned money cause it does cost more, you were dead set on 2 590s and they can offer them even liquid cooled, Alienware cant do that. You get what you pay for. I was helping. I have extensive knowledge with PCs ive built over a 100. Ive been on this forum helping people for over a year (ive seen the cooling issues). I own an Aurora (ive seen the cooling issues again). With all that combined I was giving you my INFORMED opinion. Take it or leave it. The cooling hasnt changed(other than a single tiny fan atop the processor that wont help your cause), the chassis havent changed. MANY people have had issues with cards that produce even less heat than the 590s. do the math.  Im not totally sure it wont work, but im over 90% sure. You can take the chance. This is my last post on this thread. I give up. good luck though with whatever you decide to do. I hope you prove me wrong. 😄

Alienware Aurora

i7 920@3.3ghz

0 Kudos