Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 20th, 2011 20:00

Aurora R4 GTX 590 SLI

Just Bought the new Aurora R4 had a question about the SLI compability with GTX 590's

• Intel Core i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.1Ghz
  • 16GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
  • 3GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
  • 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, English, w/Media
  • 875W multi-GPU-capable power supply

Is it possible for it to run SLI? Iam ok with buying an extra power supply, anything for the dual gtx 590's.

I want them really bad, if no, please explain.

Thank You For Your Time:)

19 Posts

December 21st, 2011 17:00

btw i spent 3400$ on it and would have spent even more on origin for the same computer.

I CHECKED!

19 Posts

December 21st, 2011 17:00

This is not fun, I am actually serious about this, secondly they're different, and are you some kind of person working for origin PC because all I hear you say is go buy origin JS . Finnaly it is build with active fans throughout liquid cooling as is to prevent overheating in the ENTIRE system.

19 Posts

December 21st, 2011 18:00

Iam not trying to insult you in any way, but please be more direct on were you take your info from.

19 Posts

Just tell me, HOW do you know the aurora r4 chasis wont support? :)

431 Posts

Everytime I mention Origin I mentioned money cause it does cost more, you were dead set on 2 590s and they can offer them even liquid cooled, Alienware cant do that. You get what you pay for. I was helping. I have extensive knowledge with PCs ive built over a 100. Ive been on this forum helping people for over a year (ive seen the cooling issues). I own an Aurora (ive seen the cooling issues again). With all that combined I was giving you my INFORMED opinion. Take it or leave it. The cooling hasnt changed(other than a single tiny fan atop the processor that wont help your cause), the chassis havent changed. MANY people have had issues with cards that produce even less heat than the 590s. do the math.  Im not totally sure it wont work, but im over 90% sure. You can take the chance. This is my last post on this thread. I give up. good luck though with whatever you decide to do. I hope you prove me wrong. :D

131 Posts

December 21st, 2011 21:00

Origin PC is nice if you have the cash but for a company that wants to compete they have to come up with some form of Financing.  I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat and are going with Dell because they offer some of the best financing options compared to a lot of other places.  If they would set that up I might eventually give them a try but I looked at them and some of their prices were somewhat ridiculous in my opinion considering what someone would pay if they bought parts themselves and put the unit together.  Don't get me wrong Alienware is more expensive than that option as well just not quite as more expensive.  That being said I would listen to these guys about the Cards bionil they are only trying to help you.  

2.4K Posts

December 21st, 2011 23:00

Well I don't know what you guys did, but I just got my Aurora r4 and have gtx 590 working SLI, also installed the new 1. 1 power supply. No heating problems and perfectly working

Can you post a pic of that 1.1kw PSU please? The Aurora PSU has pins on the door cover to power the side led lights. The 1.1kw and 1.2kw PSU's are made for the Area 51 and lack the pins. That is why I would like to see what they sent you. I believe if Dell made a 1.1kw PSU with the door pins on it then they would offer it with the systems which they don't.

My next question would be the heat. How hot does it get? The GTX 590 has a center fan that will exhaust heat directly into the case. A friend of mine removed a GTX 590 from hes Aurora and replaced it with dual GTX 580s just because of this.

65 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 04:00

Small outfits like Origin might not be around long enough to honour their warranties. Say whatever you will about Alienware and Dell, at least they wil be around for a long, long time.

Caveat emptor.

65 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 04:00

May I ask if you really have the need for 2 GTX 590s?

In my own experience, with a single GTX 590 (not even oced), I can play all games on the market in max settings with 60+ fps quite consistantly (except when fps is locked like NFSTR). Also, with dual GTX590, the noise level emminating from your case would be quite noticable.

Alienware Aurora

Intel i7 980X Extreme (oced to 4.32ghz)

12GB Kingston HyperX tri-channel RAM @ 1800mhz

Asus GTX 590

5xSeagate 3TB HD

2xSamsung PX2370 LED monitor

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate version

22 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 06:00

I just bought a R3 with a single 590gtx.  Will I be having any heat problems? I read some guides that say to adjust the fans to certain speeds. Once I do that should I be allright.

19 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 09:00

1. Iam a little obsessed with getting 2 gtx 590 cards. 2. They don't overheat and work perfectly fine. 3. Watercooling and active fans let all the heat heat come out and everything is pretty cool. 4. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME ABOUT R3 MODEL BECAUSE IAM TALKING ABOUT R4 THE ONE THAT CAME OUT 5 DAYS AGO. 5. Please don't say anything about origin pc...... I already bought the r4 AND IAM NOT GOING TO BUY ORIGIN.

131 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 09:00

Gorddum just download Afterburner msi after you get your PC. You can either auto the fan which will run it more than it does at factory settings or pick your own speed.  My GTX 295 has been a heat hog since I got my system.  Even though the i7 920 does run a bit hotter than some later models the GTX 295 (which is technically two 260's in sli on one card) runs very warm.  While I like it being a two GPU single card I could do without the extra heat.  I use that program to turn up the fan speed a bit especially when playing a game.  I also turn the system fans up a bit when playing games.....I would download speed fan or real temp to monitor your temps Gorddum...

20 Posts

February 14th, 2012 10:00

Its done 2 gtx590s inside alienware aurora r3 And Psu upgrade 1250watt water cooled

gamming max temp 45c and iddle at 35c soon to add a venting fan  and a radiator and the temp should be 33c in full gamming, ill post video.

http://youtu.be/WUJ1QzFDitk

18 Posts

February 14th, 2012 12:00

The title of this thread is Aurora R4 GTX 590 SLI.

We are trying to talk about R4s. Sadly, R4s come with a tiny 875 watt power-supply. The only currently available power-supply for the R4 is the 875 watt. The system is rated for dual SLI, but that does not mean it can support any two cards in SLI. This system will NOT run two NVIDIA GTX 590s in SLI. There is talk of them coming out with an upgraded 1,000 watt power-supply in the future, but let's me honest with ourselves here. Dell engineers must have gotten over-ruled by penny-pinchers who decided 875 watts was enough.

It is pretty sad that older models have the bigger power-supplies(at least as upgrades) that can support two 590s in SLI.

An important note as well: NVIDIA specifically stated on their website that if you are not running the self-water-cooled version of the card then you need to leave an empty PCI slot between them to prevent over-heating. My Area 51 system I got as a system exchange came from the factory with two GTX 590s in side by side PCI slots. The system ran like a leaf-blower trying to keep things cool. I checked out NVIDIA's site and saw their comment about leaving the empty PCI slot between them. I moved one of the card down a PCI slot and they work perfectly. The system runs nice and quiet and the performance of the dual 590's is awesome.

431 Posts

February 14th, 2012 13:00

LOL bionil.. werent you the guy saying your 590s worked fine (no heat issues) and for us to stop recommending Origin to you! teehee.

No Events found!