Highlighted
5 Iridium

Re: Aurora R4: GTX 590 ... is SLI possible?

You will not be able to keep the 590's cool in the R4 regardless of the power requirements.  

this ^

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

@Sir_Gawain You will not be able to keep the 590's cool in the R4 regardless of the power requirements.  

^^^You dont say?

0 Kudos
3 Silver

Well I don't know what you guys did, but I just got my Aurora r4 and have gtx 590 working SLI, also installed the new 1. 1 power supply. No heating problems and perfectly working.

How exactly are you defining "no heating issues"? It's a rather subjective statement without some data behind it. Your definition may be that 95C is perfectly fine while I think 70C is a problem. I'm exaggerating here, but for your information to be useful to others (and I don't doubt that you want it to be) please post info like:

"My system <specs in sig> runs at xC when under y load for z amount of time. I have it configured with n settings."

Please know that I'm NOT trying to flame you; I just have a serious personal interest like everyone else about our systems, how to improve/fix them, and help others do the same (I happen to be professionally interested as well).

SixGill T

Aurora ALX | Intel i7-990x Extreme Six Core | 6GB 1866MHz DDR3 Kingston Tri-Channel Memory | 3GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 690 | 2TB RAID 0 (2 X 1TB WD Black) + 2 X 1TB WD Black | Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | 6X Dual Layer Blu-ray Burner | 24X Dual-Layer DVD Burner | TactX Mouse | TactX Keyboard | Alienware AW2310 OptX 3D Full HD Gaming Monitor w/ Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision Kit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Dell mobo doesnot support quad sli...so no way u can use 2 gtx 590 (quad).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

i am so glad I found this site.  I have had my Alienware for a year and 20 days and it never worked as promised.  I am at work now when I get home I got some many questions.  I have to get my specs and link them,  But basically Dell is sending me 590 GTX to replace my 295 GTX for 300.0 dollars, sound fair should it be free?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

You cant even fit 2 cards in the system, there is NO space.

0 Kudos