Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2014 11:00

Aurora R4 Sound Card Error?

Earlier today I could use my computer without any issues at all, and all of a sudden my sound stopped playing. I tried reinstalling audio drivers, restarting many times, even refreshing my computer, but nothing helps.

There was one time when I was booting and my Skype came on, with the usual login sound. I could even call my friend and hear the dial tone, but there was no audio after those few seconds when my friend picked up the call. When the dial tone was playing, I had music in the background but nothing came out.

My computer is not even a week old and already has this issue. I hope somebody can help me resolve this as I am unable to consult Dell customer support due to my identical working hours to Dell's customer support hours.

Alternatively, I hope to be able to arrange a timeslot to discuss this matter, preferably during the weekend or on weekday nights.

October 20th, 2014 13:00

Earlier today I could use my computer without any issues at all, and all of a sudden my sound stopped playing. I tried reinstalling audio drivers, restarting many times, even refreshing my computer, but nothing helps.

There was one time when I was booting and my Skype came on, with the usual login sound. I could even call my friend and hear the dial tone, but there was no audio after those few seconds when my friend picked up the call. When the dial tone was playing, I had music in the background but nothing came out.

My computer is not even a week old and already has this issue. I hope somebody can help me resolve this as I am unable to consult Dell customer support due to my identical working hours to Dell's customer support hours.

Alternatively, I hope to be able to arrange a timeslot to discuss this matter, preferably during the weekend or on weekday nights.

The main Alienware support center works from 7am to 11pm. Have you tried your speakers on the front/back of the machine? Do they work on another device?

No Events found!