Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: UPGRADE AURORA R4 FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 8.1

Jump to solution

Hi,

thx very much for your reply.  I meant Sleep sorry., i've in spanish language.  When i push sleep buttom my pc switches off ;(.  I've been seeking some troubleshootings and followed some steps (like delete all NVidia softs and reinstall again from dell links) but still not working.

Any solution??

What Sleep button? I only have a Power button. Try clicking on proper item in menu.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Hi Tesla,

I've been following some troubleshootings  and I could fix  USB 3.0, AlienFx & secure boot so far (for secure boot i did not touch anything actually)

Regarding dual-boot I've uncheck "show OS list" at system preferences, but its very strange because I deleted the whole SSD before installing.  Shall i reinstall w8 again and pass through all this process one more time or that won't be necessary?

Hard to say without seeing your drives partitions.

There might be a Dell Diagnostic partition at beginning of drive. There is a special way of deleting that. If you were to change that, yes ... I think t would take another install.

You can always just run Easy-BCD and fix it that way.

- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Cafresfirm
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Cafresfirm

Hi,

thx very much for your reply.  I meant Sleep sorry., i've in spanish language.  When i push sleep buttom my pc switches off ;(.  I've been seeking some troubleshootings and followed some steps (like delete all NVidia softs and reinstall again from dell links) but still not working.

Any solution??

What Sleep button? I only have a Power button. Try clicking on proper item in menu.

I mean that when I go menu > sleep , or after 30 minutes stand by, instead of turning into sleep mode my pc will automaticly switch off ;(.   There is any chance to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
Cafresfirm
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thx very much one more time.  I will try to fix by using Easy-BCD .  I'll let you know tomorrow. I am going to sleep now...I am fed up of problems today Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: Aurora-R4, Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1?

Jump to solution

Tesla1856

Cafresfirm

Hi,

Any solution??

I mean that when I go menu > sleep , or after 30 minutes stand by, instead of turning into sleep mode my pc will automaticly switch off ;(.   There is any chance to fix this issue?

Sorry, no ... never seen that. Is BIOS still on S3 sleep setting? Sounds like a Windows problem with ACPI . Have you check Power Profiles?

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Thx very much one more time.  I will try to fix by using Easy-BCD .  I'll let you know tomorrow. I am going to sleep now...I am fed up of problems today Smiley Very Happy

Sounds good.

If you decide to delete that partition (to free space on SSD) and re-install clean and perfect (now that you know how) ... here are my notes. They will delete everything as in nuke-and-pave. Looks like they might be written as moving a previous system drive to 2nd drive, but you get the idea.

Deleting the Windows 7 'OEM' partition, and any other utility partitions.

My directions:

I just opened Command Prompt as Admin, or do this:
Windows Key> + R to open the run window and type "diskpart" to open MS DiskPart

Type "list disk" to display a list of the physical disks on your machine

Where n (e.g. 0, or 1 or 2 ) is the ID of your physical drive,
The Disk number should match what you see in Disk Management

type "select disk n" n= which ever the disk is.

To delete all the partitions type "clean". This is easier than attempting to delete one partition in which some oems lock since the "delete partition n" will give a error with some of the OEM partitions, so the only way around is to clear the disk by typing "clean"

then your free to partition your hard drive any way you want.

Restart Disk Management. It should ask to Initialize new disk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cafresfirm
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

This sleep  issue makes me sick.    what do you mean with S3 sleep settings?    BTW, I've BIOS A11 if thats help.

thx

0 Kudos
Cafresfirm
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi again,

doing some tests,  I deactivated  Hybrid Sleep and now my pc goes to sleep and not shutting down, so this might be the problem.   

How should hybrid sleep works? Shall I press power buttom for waking up every time or how?

0 Kudos