Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 29th, 2014 23:00

Aurora-R4, Video Card Problems?

I have an Alienware Aurora R4 and starting on Thursday the screen suddenly became red and now when I try to login the login screen looked distorted this problem does not happen when I boot into safe mode or when I uninstall the video card drivers ,I even tried to reinstall windows and still have the same problem.

285 Posts

September 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi,

Try to download new drivers from dell website and install it to your system. Check's whether all driver's are up-to-date. 

reply with your device manager snapshot for further assist you.

September 30th, 2014 01:00

3000.Untitled.png

So I downloaded all the drivers and am still getting the same result here is the screen shot

285 Posts

September 30th, 2014 13:00

Hi,

thanks for your reply. But, i need snapshot with expand all in device manager. So, In the device manager, click the plus symbol at the left corner for expand all.  And then again reply here with your snapshot. 

671 Posts

September 30th, 2014 16:00

As Vin0th_Ving0 pointed out. 

We can't yet determine whether or not this is an issue with your Display Adapter. Please expand the category.
Now, as you mentioned, it only happened whilst the Video Card Driver is installed. Right? 

It might as well be that it is an issue with the card itself.

September 30th, 2014 22:00

yes it is only when the driver is installed I will post a new picture

September 30th, 2014 22:00

5025.Untitled.png

671 Posts

October 3rd, 2014 08:00

I'd Run HWMonitor and a Video Benchmark to see if it is the Video Card overheating.
cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and unigine.com/products/heaven/download/ respectively.
Once you open the Heaven Benchmark. make sure to press F9 to have the computer benchmarking. (I'm quite sure this will put your computer to enough stress to have it crash). Please get back to me once that happens.

October 3rd, 2014 19:00

when i try to run the heaven benchmark it tells me to install sound card driver

671 Posts

October 7th, 2014 08:00

Try deleting all the Video Card Driver and perform a clean installation of the Radeon Driver. (Since the Video card also takes care of the Audio Driver for High Definition).
The second thing that you can try out would be re-installing your Audio Driver.
http://dell.to/1rfdq53

October 8th, 2014 22:00

I have deleted the Video Card Driver and reinstalled both drivers. Can I run the two programs in safe mode and if not there is no way for me to get into windows normally as I can only login to windows when in safe mode.

671 Posts

October 9th, 2014 09:00

It sounds like a Video card failure. At least on the Discrete one.
If you're able to get picture from Safe Mode it means the Integrated video card is still working.

You can go ahead and send me a PM with your Service Tag and a link to this thread so I can check what options we have available for your case.

October 9th, 2014 16:00

Sorry but how do I send you a PM

671 Posts

October 15th, 2014 08:00

You  have to first accept the friend request. After that you can send me a Private Message by going to my profile.

No Events found!