Highlighted
daddyz
2 Iron

Aurora R4 bios A06 Problem on Crucial SSD

hi,this morning i update the bios FROM A05 to A06. Prior of this bios update, i have succesfully upgrade and install windows 8. have been using win 8 pro gor two day without any problem at all.

however, after update the bios this morning? the pc cannot find boot device error occurs. i checked my ssd (crucial m4) is not detected at bios. restarting, dismount/mount back also same error. i enter dell diagnostic and after complete it can now detect. what is the problem?

then if i power down, the same error occus and i need to enter dell diagnostics to make my ssd appear again. i then tried to downgrade back to A05. The upgrade working but its not applied and i still at bios A06. HOW TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO BIOS REV A05??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
TWGAMER666
2 Iron

Re: Aurora R4 bios A06 Problem on Crucial SSD

So, in effect, DELL has gone and <profanity removed> up the R4 yet again? Here we go again.  No use calling tech support.... they are pretty much useless in my opinion, they only seem to care about getting good feedback on the after service survey.  Good luck! Oh, btw, yes there is a way to revert back to a previous version. Here's how: (if you can get your windows loaded up). Goto alienautopsy in your start bar - programmes list, start it up. The goto drivers and downloads.  goto BIOS selection.  Choose "previous versions" - it will then basically send you to a page with the A06 again for some odd reason, then where it says previous versions on this page, click that link and it will bring up the BIOS versions A05 and A03.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
daddyz
2 Iron

Yes this update <profanity removed> my perfect working system. Now im stuck everytime i power on i need to go running the epsa until it finish than reboot than only the ssd is found in the list of available drives and enable the boot. Regretting why i update the bios. Do you know how to downgrade the bios to previous revisions?

0 Kudos
daddyz
2 Iron

Oh just see ur reply on the bios change. Ok i will try.

Thanks mate.

0 Kudos
TWGAMER666
2 Iron

The method I posted above is the way I would do it.  But if you have tried this already... try the alien respawn option (I've never used it so I don't know how it works) but I think you are able to revert back via that method.  Please don't quote me on that though.

PS - your very welcome... hope it works!

0 Kudos
daddyz
2 Iron

I didnt find what you have mentioned at autopsy. It will redirect me to dell drivers webpage only containing the problematic A06 bios :-(

0 Kudos
daddyz
2 Iron

The alienrespawn will bo nothing. Its only for system software recovery. The problem now is the bios..

0 Kudos
TWGAMER666
2 Iron

When you get to drivers web page... keep pressing the links for "previous versions"... you will need to do this 2 or 3 times as it will keep bringing up the AO6 for a while, but eventually it gives you the AO5 option.  Have another look, if you can't find it, I'll try to post a link.

0 Kudos
daddyz
2 Iron

Oh you meant in the website. Yes i tried that before its running but the bios is not applied. After reboot it remains the same rev A06 even i use A03 or A05. I thought autopsy have the function built in as what you explain.

Manually downgrade did not works.

0 Kudos
TWGAMER666
2 Iron

hhmmm... ok next step...

Try using windows restore to a point before the update.  I am not sure if this will work, because the BIOS update take effect outside of windows aswell (obviously).  Try it anyway.

0 Kudos