curgoth
1 Nickel

Aurora R4 crashes when running intensive graphics

When trying to run games on my Aurora R4, I get 4 minutes (I've timed it) of gameplay before the display goes black on both monitors and the audio goes to static, and I have to hard reboot.

I'm running an Aurora R4 with 2 Nvidia 780s SLI'ed together, windows 7.

I have tried reinstalling the Dell.com suggested video drivers (332.10) after uninstalling the more recent Nvidia drivers, and still had the problem. I then reinstalled Nvidia's latest drivers, and still had the problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Aurora R4 crashes when running intensive graphics

Hi,

Does this only happen when you have SLI enabled? Which BIOS version are you running?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
curgoth
1 Nickel

I've currently got SLI disabled, still happens. BIOS is at A11.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like a hardware problem. If your system is in warranty, send me your service tag in a PM for hardware assistance.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos