Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

September 23rd, 2014 10:00

Aurora R4 lost factory overclocking after bios update

Hello, I have an Aurora R4 built late 2011. When purchased I payed the extra money to have it overclocked from 3.9 to 4.2. i did a bios update awhile back,  i had taken a break from gaming for awhile so just regular use of the computer i didn't really notice, but once i started gaming again i found it was not what it used to be. i started checking system settings to see what it was running at and found its back down at the 3.9. i was told by a friend that if you do a bios update you lose the overclocking. How do i get it back?? Ive seen a few different things on you tube but i'm not willing to start guessing and fry my pc. so i wanted to ask you guys. i feel if i paid for it in the first place i deserve to keep it even after doing an update. hopefully someone can help!

Thanks,

Kate

1.8K Posts

September 25th, 2014 13:00

Hi Kate!

The BIOS update might've restored the settings back to default. However, you should be able to overclock the processor manually from the BIOS by following the steps in this article. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Let me know how it goes!

No Events found!