Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 21st, 2015 04:00

Aurora-R4 no boot - Displays Alienware splash screen - F2 and F12 do nothing but be highlighted

NVIDIA GTX-690 video card. 32GB RAM

Aurora-R4 no boot - Displays Alienware splash screen - F2 and F12 do nothing but be highlighted.

I have tried power off; hold power button down for 2 minutes+ when not plugged in; removed and reseated video card.

A couple of times I got 6 beeps which indicates failed video card, but I do see video via Display Port to my monitor.

Sits forever at Alienware splash screen with blue bar indicating UEFI loading fully blue but goes no further.

There is only the normal single beep at power up.  It will sit forever at this point.  The only change is that hitting F2 or F12 light up that menu item at bottom right of screen, but go no further.

30 Posts

April 21st, 2015 05:00

I have a similar problem :

Alienware Area51 R2

16GB RAM

GTX780

Windows8.1 installed on 250GB SSD. 2TB sata data drive

When I boot the computer everything works fine. When I do a restart from Windows however I get the same problem as you : It shows the alienware splash screen with the blue bar but nothing happens. F2 & F12 do nothing but can be highlighted. No beeps, no error messages. The only thing I can do is power down the computer fully (cut the power cable) then reconnect the power cable and boot the pc again. 

45 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 21:00

Luckily mine is still under warranty.  Today Dell replaced my motherboard, memory and video card.

Now I am back up and running.  It seems likely the motherboard had failed in some way, although this happened during a Restart, without a power off and nothing I tried could enable booting past the Alienware splash screen.

30 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 01:00

My reboot problem got fixed by changing the enable legacy rom option in the bios. So luckily no hardware probmem for me.

No Events found!