Orientmalik
1 Copper

RE: Aurora R4 overheating problem SOLVED!!!

Jump to solution

Hello,

When you cleaned the heat seek what did your replace the water after you done cleaning ?

0 Kudos
Orientmalik
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

When you cleaned the heat seek what did your replace the water after you done cleaning ??

0 Kudos
Shannon72
1 Copper

Jump to solution

No, not this time around,  it was still full of fluid, figured it was good to go for awhile again.  I am sure you do not want to use just regular water, I know there is solution you can buy and I plan to order a bottle of that so I have it handy next time I have to clear it out.  Distilled water may work but I will stick with the stuff you can order.

0 Kudos
jb122
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
I cleaned mine out while awaiting delivery of the Corsair H55. I managed to get it apart and only spilled a small amount of the cooling fluid. Mine was gummed up as shown in the original poster's photos. After cleaning, I chose to use a small amount of distilled water to replace the small amount of liquid lost in the process. It wasn't more than a tablespoon or so. In doing research, there are a lot of opinions floating around about what the best cooling formula is. The most appealing to me was to use distilled water with a couple of drops of "PT Nuke". This is a biocide from an outfit called Petra Technologies. It's available from various places for about $7.00 for a small bottle. Note that I did this while considering keeping the original cooler in my R4. Once the H55 arrived, it was no longer a consideration. I pulled the old one out, installed the H55 using the same bolting hardware and frame off the old unit. I used the old Nidec fan and bolted it onto the radiator in a pull configuration as it was originally installed. I bolted the new fan on the inside of the radiator in a push configuration. I left the Nidec fan plugged into the Sys Fan slot and plugged the pump into the CPU fan slot. I have ordered a Molex to ATX fan connector for the other fan ($2.95 delivered). There will doubtless be other comments about the proper cooling formula, but I would point out that the coolant used smelled of antifreeze, and still sludged up on what was supposed to be a closed, "no maintenance" system. Good luck.
0 Kudos
nil96
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my laptop dell inspiron 3420 is getting same error as yours do you know what to do in this case plz help me
i think your research may help me

my contact are

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed as per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed as per privacy policy>

0 Kudos
Automan319
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Well, my answer is this: don't use distilled water or osmotic water... I've tried with water and the pump was very rumbly, like the impeller need to be oiled. Since in my garage I found a started bottle of car cooolant i've used it and get excellent result. For people that think that a PC is not under ice and cold climate like a car radiator, I must say that the car coolent have the task to protect, lubrificate, and prevent rust on the coolant circuit, (the coolant i've used is this: Paraflu UP 50% ready to use, not concentrated). The only thing that you must be sure before closing the screw of the pump is to fill evry space and get out bubble from radiator. Now with i7 3820 OC i get 39°C @idle and 72°C @full load Good luck
MaSx1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Looks like this problem is not just only for Aurora but Alienware Area 51 liquid cooling as well. I have been having this problem for quite sometimes now and thanks to @CASS-OLÉ for pointing this out and resolved my problem. However, after one month of use, the problem reoccured and the build up took only a month to happen. I am wondering if mine has gone bad completely and time for a new cooling, eh?

Here I took picture for the build up that happened after a month.

| Alienware Area-51 (BIOS A11) | Desktop Command Center v2.5.52 A08 |
Intel Core i7 980x | Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit | 1.5TB - SATA, 3Gb/s, HDD | 12GB Triple-Channel 1600MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Alienware AW2310 3D Monitor | 1.2KW Power Supply

0 Kudos
NickNas
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The Problem was caused by the use of EXTREMELY Cheap coolant fluid.  If you flush the system with a mix of water and alcohol then refill with a higher grade coolant ( one is mentioned earlier in this thread ) then you will be good to go.

0 Kudos
MaSx1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I was thinking about replacing it with H100i or H80i? will it fit on Area 51 system?

| Alienware Area-51 (BIOS A11) | Desktop Command Center v2.5.52 A08 |
Intel Core i7 980x | Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit | 1.5TB - SATA, 3Gb/s, HDD | 12GB Triple-Channel 1600MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Alienware AW2310 3D Monitor | 1.2KW Power Supply

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you so much you just saved me money time and frustration. Worked was super easy now i get a couple extra dollars saved! 

0 Kudos