raysz
3 Argentium

RE: Aurora R4 overheating problem SOLVED!!!

Jump to solution

Hey have you been having trouble with your H80i.

I periodically get shut down and I think it has to do with where mines plug-in that I have it plugged into the USB3

that was the only one that was available on my motherboard.

Have you experienced anything like this with yours?

0 Kudos
Arinth
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey , personnally i've had no problem at all with my h80i (installed it about 10 days ago).

I plugged mine on USB1 as it was the only one free, but imo it doesn't make a difference.

When you present it like that it feels like shutdowns due to high core temp (supposing the problem is coming from the cooling system). So maybe your cooling unit is not working at all? You'll know that better than me?

To check temps you should use something like SpeedFan which is much more reliable than alienware's software at least for me.

Hope that helped.

0 Kudos
raysz
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Well I use CPUID HWMonitor

And it doesn't show its overheating so did you tell me in CMOS you turn all the cooling system off is that correct the pump in particular

0 Kudos
raysz
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Oh yes sorry to keep bugging you what to do with the rest of the fans did you attach them to your cooling device?

I'm thinking maybe that's my problem the hard drive fan, and the system fan,  and the graphics  fan, are still being controlled by the motherboard are you doing the same thing?

0 Kudos
infiltrat
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, ive had the same problem with that stuff, But i found a other problem....

Have you tried to take the pump off the 2 hoses and blow in the hose ? I did, the hose and radiator was BLOCKED tight.

So i took the fan off the radiator and the pump off the hoses, boiled the radiator in hot water with alcohol in the hoses, i then flushed it with water pressure, and voilà everything got unblocked !

Now my CPU temp is between 49 and 51 degrees C.

Note: i have added a liquid made for CPU cooled pumps.

4075.dghdgh.jpg

0 Kudos
raysz
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
Hi Arinth hey, I was curious, are you using the Corsair software? And if so, did you uninstall the alien command center. I am finding out the Corsair, an alien command center have a conflict. Just curious on what you might have done
0 Kudos
Arinth
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, i m still with the command center but it's not very reliable and I've just been too lazy to search for another software.

I just put the fans on the SYS slot to be able to turn them down with the software since they used to go way too fast and make a lot of noise.

Anyway i guess if you're reluctant to remove the alien command center it's due to the other functionalities that you would be uninstalling. I have no clue on how to disable only the thermal controls but that would be what i'd try to do.

0 Kudos
raysz
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
Well, for right now. I disabled the Corsair software and things seem to be running better. I'll try switching the fans to the Sys if removing the Corsair software doesn't work so far. The pump is doing the job just fine without the software.
0 Kudos
xXLightsOutXx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same thing happend to my R4,  Did that corsair bolt right up with no modification just plug and play?  I have to fix mine and i'm kinda a noob.

0 Kudos
raysz
3 Argentium

Jump to solution
As long as specifications for the Corsair pump matches your computer. My socket is a LGA 2011 by assume that yours is the same. So the answer to your question would be, it mounted just fine with no modification.
0 Kudos