Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2017 16:00

Aurora R5 Cooling Liquid

I received my R5 today but it appears that its been sitting in a fedex truck all weekend with temps down in the teens and 20s F. What are the odds that my cooling liquid it frozen? I'm already *** about my generic GTX 1080 in lieu of the NVIDIA card I paid $200 extra for so I'd really like a decent answer. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 11th, 2017 13:00

its been sitting in a fedex truck all weekend with temps down in the teens and 20s F. What are the odds that my cooling liquid it frozen?

Good question but I don't think there is anything to worry about. The computer still had to be transported in non-20f environment, and unpacked before turning-on and using.

A fully loaded FedEx truck is usually parked in large garage (for security purposes). Also, notice your freezer must be set to 0f (not 32f or even 20f).

The "liquid" usually has chemical properties similar to auto-coolant or anti-freeze. Also, the liquid-cooler was protected by many layers of metal and shipping materials.

If it was frozen solid (which I highly doubt) it would thaw-out super-fast because processor gets really hot (like in seconds). Also, Alienware Command Center would show Pump not turning if pump impeller was frozen solid.

Just some things to think about. I hope you enjoy your new computer. [:)]

No Events found!