Nycibbyryder
1 Copper

Re: Aurora R6 Control Center Temperatures

Another note, can you post a screenshot of the fan curves on the front and top fans?

0 Kudos
Chicken-Feet
1 Copper

Hi there.

Answering both posts:

1- The fans never really go idle, but when computer is not doing anything specific its always around 38°C-40°C (100-104°F) thats on the thermal control center, on CAM normally is 3-4° less.

2- It could be a cross cultural problem, here they are "relaxed" not to say less professional... do you think i should upgrade to a more powerfull PSU? 

A question that just popped in my head is, i noticed that having the auto thermal controls, the only fan that goes off when loading a heavier software is the PSU fan, the other fans remain the same (at least noise wise i cannot notice much change on the speed). So perhaps its an issue on the PSU thinking it needs to cool off? Does a more powerful PSU take longer to "need to cool off"?

Final question, if i change the PSU would I void my warranty? i bet Dell would love me to get a replacement PSU so they dont need to care about my problem anymore.

Thanks again. 

Below the curves as i found they worked better in terms of noise and cooling operation. 

Thermal Curves

0 Kudos
Nycibbyryder
1 Copper

Those curves are way too low!

The fan speeds should never drop below 20%. 0% will cause your fans to ramp up and down constantly. Bring up the left side to 20% first, then see how it reacts, If the temps are still ramping up or down, bring it up to 25%, then 30%, until you find something that works. 

My R6 idled at around 28-30C at 30% on both curves. 

You could leave it on Alien Control if the thermals stay normal.

I think that a 450w PSU may be a bit under-powered for what you're running, it could also be defective.

Replacing it would solve both problems, but yes, it would absolutely void your warranty.

0 Kudos
Samurai9
1 Copper

I received my new R6 last week and noticed the strangest thing.  My ambient sensor was reading temperatures far higher than the CPU or GPU sensors.  Right now, the only thing I'm doing is typing this response on Firefox, no other processes in the background.  This is the current temperature readings:

• CPU Sensor: 35 C
  • Ambient Sensor: 63 C
  • GPU Sensor #1: 38 C

First of all, isn't "ambient" temperature just the surrounding temperature inside the case?  WHY would ambient temperature be nearly twice as hot as the CPU or GPU???

For Dell:  This is extremely concerning because the fans will not come on when they're supposed to.  PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Is this the problem everyone else is having???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Some users have this problem (where they are swapped) and others (like me) have the problem where CPU and Ambient read the same.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

samurai9 wrote:

1. First of all, isn't "ambient" temperature just the surrounding temperature inside the case?  

2. the fans will not come on when they're supposed to.

3. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

1. Yes

2. As a work-around, switch your sensors on the Manual-Curves

3. Yes, please Dell.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
casanova4958
1 Copper

if you're ever looking to replace your laptop/computer you can just go to this site they have high quality laptops and other electronics at discounted prices https://discounttronics.com/collections/frontpage

0 Kudos
Chicken-Feet
1 Copper

Hi there nycibbyryder and 

I wanted to update my status.

Technician came, Replaced Motherboard and GPU, broke one of the CPU cooling screws and told me they will repair after i could confirm the computer problem has been fixed.

Computer problem still the same + cpu cooler screw all broke. 

Complained for many days in a row and now they are "assessing" if they will replace the computer. I hope they do and i hope this hellish experience doesn't start all over again.

Meet a guy who sells custom made computers and told me literally "come i can help you, i have many customer that had problems with Alienware, i made the same specs with lower price or better with same price" (exact words with broken english and all), rising my regrets on having bought this R6.

I will let you guys know what happens next. 

0 Kudos
Nycibbyryder
1 Copper

Custom is always better imo. I'm in the process of returning my R6 back to stock so I can use it as a fancy office computer lol. But I did do some upgrades to my custom PC since I built it. 

0 Kudos
Nycibbyryder
1 Copper

0 Kudos