Highlighted
gpain
1 Nickel

Aurora R6 - Help for GPU Watercooler

Hello, I want to use an aftermarket GPU cooler for my GTX 1080 in my aurora R6, since I've read the GTX 1080 in the R6 is one of the cheapest MSI. Do you think something like : [http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-5188-B1] would fit into the case? Would it void the warranty? 

Aurora Specs : 7700k w/ watercooling, GTX 1080, 850w PSU.

11 Replies

RE: Aurora R6 - Help for GPU Watercooler

If you figure it out, let me know.

As far as i can tell though, the EVGA has no currently good spot to fit...

I don't have an R5/R6 myself to test with yet, but eventually will and I'm quite tempted to try the Asetek, as this is the OEM branded liquid cooler. (I'm hoping they're all the same size to fit in the top hat, but don't know.)

Give one a try and report back. Smiley Happy

Hi,

We do not support that unfortunately. However, you can still try installing it, and as long as nothing gets damaged during the process, the machine's warranty won't be voided. Also, we do know that the space is limited and you may not have enough to fit that. However, the machine's cooling system is usually enough to keep the GPU and all components cool.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
gpain
1 Nickel

To install the GPU watercooler I would need to take apart the stock air cooler from the GTX 1080 and then install the watercooler. If nothing gets damaged in the process, it's still under warranty? Also, I might switch the front fan out to put the radiator in.

0 Kudos

The components that do not have relation with cooling will remain in warranty, but if something happens to the CPU that is directly related, it would not be covered. For example, if in the future the computer experiences overheating issues, this would not be covered, just as if any component is damaged by overheating, it would not be covered.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Re: Aurora R6 - Help for GPU Watercooler

It is totally possible to install a EVGA hybrid cooler on your PC I installed one on my Aurora R6 and believe me it helps a lot. My gtx1080 is running at 1911 Mhz GPU and 5006 Mhz memory constantly without any overclocking tools remember the gtx1080 automatically overclock based on GPU temperture. My GPU temperture now is in the low 40s C compared to 82C using stock blower fan and heatsink. Pictures available per request.

flatusboy
1 Copper

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics.

Easy install?

TIA

wierdninja
1 Copper

Please post pictures of your installation.  I want to do it.  Curious about how you did it. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos

Pics coming soon. Sorry for the delay stay tune.

wierdninja
1 Copper

Thanks!

0 Kudos