Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2014 11:00

Aurora r4 Internal hard disk drive not found

I went to turn on my computer Thursday and I got a message that said, internal hard disk drive not found, to resolve this issue try to reset the drive. No bootable devices. Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 enter setup menu, F5 to enter PSA.

I ran PSA and everything past. I removed internal battery to see if that would help because it has worked for me in the past and it did not this time around. I do not have another computer hard drives.

I have also had to wipe the drive A few months ago prior to this happening. I kept getting blue screens of death, which I figured out it was caused by a virus, The virus was removed, had to reset bios a few months after virus was removed I kept getting blue screen saying that I would need a new motherboard but did not. It worked fine before it started giving me no bootable device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to have to buy a new computer

11 Posts

September 19th, 2014 04:00

Never mind thanks for all the help I took it to someone to get it fixed.

11 Posts

September 11th, 2014 04:00

I just bought a new hard drive and it's still saying it can't be found. Do I have to install windows first for it to be found or should it detect a new hard drive no matter what?

285 Posts

September 11th, 2014 09:00

Hiii Everyone,

Try it different ports. and see ur bios window, its detect or not....

else

Try it other system If its detect or not...

• 

2.7K Posts

September 11th, 2014 09:00

Yes it should be recognize, are you able to see it in the BIOS? Did you try it on different ports? 

11 Posts

September 11th, 2014 12:00

I have tried other ports and it still didn't work. I only have one computer

11 Posts

September 11th, 2014 12:00

I've tried it in different ports it still doesn't recognize it, In PSA I see it, I even saw my original hard drives in there too. I'm not completely sure how to reset BIOS the only thing I have done with BIOS was take the battery out of the mother board and that didn't work.

11 Posts

September 11th, 2014 16:00

I took out the battery again and reset the CMOS and now the screen is blank and the keyboard doesn't work.

Did I just break my computer?!

• 

2.7K Posts

September 12th, 2014 14:00

Which battery did you remove? 

Do you hear the fans spinning and the lights are on? Make sure you put in the CMOS battery in the proper way. 

285 Posts

September 13th, 2014 14:00

Hi everyone,

If you have a last choice is, will replace your hard disk to buy a new one.(I recommended Western Digital).

162 Posts

September 14th, 2014 11:00

hi everyone,
since you said you had a virus are you absolutely sure of viruses gone.
Some viruses can be very destructive and prevent you from making adjustments and so on and so on.
I know this because I've dealt with many viruses in the past. They hide on your hard drive and cause havoc on your system.
Sometimes you can get rid of the virus by reformatting the hard drive and then reinstalling your operating system.
The last resorts would be buying a new hard drive.
You can also take the hard drive out to a local computer store and they can scan and make sure the viruses gone. I would recommend doing this. That way you will be 100% sure the virus is gone.

ps , I would not recommend  taking the CMOS battery out the CMOS battery holds information  current, when your computer is turned off  . It maintains the current settings by removing the battery when you are basically doing  is removing current information and CMOS will return to the factory settings. Therefore any settings that were made  are now gone.

11 Posts

September 14th, 2014 12:00

I took out the original hard drive and put in a completely brand-new one and I still got the same response, and I was trying to return it to factory settings because I was hoping that would fix the problem

11 Posts

I left the computer alone for a few days and the lights turn on fans run, battery was put back in the right direction it was the battery right behind the video card. But it only goes to a screen that says press control I to enter configuration utility

11 Posts

Did that and still nothing

11 Posts

September 14th, 2014 17:00

Now it's back to saying that the hard drive can not be found

• 

2.7K Posts

September 16th, 2014 14:00

Are able to see the brand new hard drive in the BIOS? 

No Events found!