ChrisNDT
1 Nickel

Aurora r4 upgrading graphics card problem.

Hello ive recently purchased a gtx 970 and installed in in my aurora r4 unfortunately ibe encountered a problem. I tyrned it on and it usually goes through bios (but i cant even go to settings) and black screen after. I uninstall my old grahics card before installing the new one i tried resetting CMOS and made sure im using the right power cord (P15 P16).

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Aurora r4 upgrading graphics card problem.

Hi,

We did not validate the GTX 970 as a GPU option for the Alienware Aurora R4. Therefore, we cannot confirm if it should function properly with this system. You could also try posting this on the Notebook Review and Alienware Arena forums for assistance.  

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: Aurora r4 upgrading graphics card problem.

Be sure you are running the latest Aurora-R4 BIOS. Do with stable and lean machine because this is a MB-bricking risk.

Verify you have 875w Power Supply.

Try both PCIe-16x slots.

Yes, P15 & P16 is good.

Assuming the power supply wire colors indicate the 12v rails going to the video cards:
Try with a power connector from each wire set at the same time.
Meaning, with a single card ...
use either P14 OR P15
and ALSO
either P16 OR P17

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.