Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 30th, 2017 16:00

Aurora r6 restarting when told to shutdown.

I have went through the various trouble shooting posts I can find online mostly related to turning off automatic restart, turning off and on fast startup, turning off and on wireless and wired ability to wake the machine. The problem still persists. Does anyone have any ideas?

27 Posts

July 31st, 2017 19:00

Well. I updated to latest Windows. Problem still persists. Thank you for all your help though.

August 1st, 2017 03:00

alright. try this:
open Device Manager, find your USB Keyboard and Mouse, right click, Properties > Power Management > uncheck "allow this device to wake up computer". do it for all connected USB Devices and LAN / WLAN Cards.

if it still doesn't help try Power Drain. maybe it's a minor Motherboard Issue.

disconnect all Cables including Power Cord.

hold Power On Button for a Minute.

Boot and try again.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 1st, 2017 09:00

posthxc1982 wrote:

1. It is off.

2. But if my choices are re-installing windows and keeping this issue. I would rather keep this issue. What kind of negative impact could it have on my system in the long run?

3. I could move all my files over to another HDD I have installed and refresh windows.

4. Do you think that might resolve the issue?

5. This PC is less than a month old.

1. You know what it looks like when a PC crash/reboots vs Resets. Need to find out which. Event Viewer log might help.

2. Careless decision. Could be a hardware problem.

3. Yeah, something like that. See my Bookmarks. Right, clean-install Windows fresh.

4. Possibly.

5. Return it if possible or use onsite Warranty support.

27 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 16:00

I will. Thank you for all your help. What it looks like to me, is it fully shuts down, and is awoken. There are not critical errors in the event viewer. But I'll probably try a "refresh windows". If not look into returns.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 19:00

posthxc1982 wrote:

1. Thank you for all your help.

2. What it looks like to me, is it fully shuts down, and is awoken.

3. There are not critical errors in the event viewer.

4. But I'll probably try a "refresh windows". If not look into returns.

1. Sure

3. Good

4. Good

2. Oh really? In that case:

- In Windows try uninstalling "Intel Ready Mode Technology"

- In BIOS, Disable "Intel Ready Mode Tech"

They are the 2 pieces of a whole. IIRC, "Intel Ready Mode" can turn-on a computer from completely off if it thinks it needs to.

27 Posts

August 5th, 2017 13:00

I did what you suggested. Problem still persists.

So, I "refreshed" windows.

Problem Solved.

Thank you for all your help.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 5th, 2017 13:00

posthxc1982 wrote:

1. So, I "refreshed" windows. Problem Solved.

2. Thank you for all your help.

1. Excellent. So it was just a "software problem" the whole time. Good work. Yeah, sometimes you just gotta lay-down a fresh OS.

2. No problem. Now you can get back to using your new machine.

7 Posts

November 24th, 2017 02:00

I ran into this same issue, and did some of the things suggested here including removing the "intel ready mode technology"  , and the machine still boots up after being told to shutdown. Lastly I remember I had disabled the "Turn on fast startup" in power options a day ago. I re-enabled it and it is working normally, when told to shutdown, it does and does not reboot  :-)

Peace

mrb

No Events found!