Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2010 16:00

Aurora restarts after Bios

I have noticed that occasionally my aurora will turn off and restart after the bios screen. Why is this happening? I'm running A09 bios, this also happened with A08.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 13th, 2010 18:00

Disconnect all external USB devices except for mouse and keyboard and see if the issue ever occurs.

76 Posts

July 28th, 2010 19:00

Hye Chris,

I did as you suggested and it just happened again. It was actually durring the Bios, not after. Once it restarted the fans were blazing at full speed and the lights on the sides panels would not come on. I turned off the computer, unpluged the power and held down the power button for 30 seconds.

Once I turned the computer back on it started up, the fans were calm but the side panels were still off. After another reset everything seems to be back to normal.

Is some hardware part giving out? For the first three months I had no issues, this seemed to come out of nowhere.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 28th, 2010 20:00

It sounds like the MIO board is the culprit.

Desktop Master I/O board Diagnostics and Command Center Clean Installation

(1)
* Restart the PC
* Press F12 at the BIOS screen
* Cursor down to the Utility Partition [press Enter]
* Run the Diagnostics on the MIO board. This will test it and sometimes reset it so that it will work the next time the Command Center is loaded fresh. If that passes, exit the Bios and enter Windows and do step (2). If it fails, try this before getting the MIO board replaced -
* Power off
* Open the case cover
* Locate the Master I/O board (not the motherboard, a smaller board)
* Locate all of the cables going to the MIO board. Check them all to make sure they are tight. Then, check the other ends of those cables to make sure they are tight
* There is a green plastic jumper on the MIO board
* Remove the jumper from the pins
-OR-
* If the jumper was only on two of the pins, put it on the other two
* Power the PC on, then off
* Replace the jumper to its original location. Did this reset the Master I/O board causing the fans and LEDs to go to factory defaults? If not, your only recourse is to have Dell Technical Support replace the Master I/O board since the firmware is corrupted
2JXP2 Aurora/Aurora R2 ALX MIO board
P0GVP Aurora/Aurora R2 MIO board
FWKNT Area-51 ALX MIO board
FMDKG Area-51 MIO board

(2)
* Be sure you have Admin privileges. Disable any Virus Protection software temporarily
* Uninstall the Command Center through the Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs
* Download and install CCleaner. Note - I chose to not install the CCleaner yahoo! Toolbar
* Run CCleaner
* Click Registry
* Click Scan for Issues
* Click Fix selected Issues
* Click Yes to backup the registry
* Click Fix All Selected issues
* Restart the PC
* Run CCleaner again
* Click Registry
* Click Scan for Issues
* Click Fix selected Issues
* Click Yes to backup the registry
* Click Fix All Selected issues
* Install the latest Command Center from our website. NOT from the Resource DVD
* Reboot the PC when finished
* Test the functionality of the Command Center. If still no go, contact support and tell them you need the Master I/O board replaced

No Events found!