Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2013 15:00

BF4 and Aurora A11

Hola all,

I have managed to get my loyal A11 to run BF4 on mostly lowest settings. 

I was wondering what sort of tricks would you guys have in your backpocket?

I appreciate that what i am doing is just temporary fix as I am planning to get another aurora from the sale after christmas.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 12th, 2013 13:00

Rob,

By A11, do you mean that it is the bios version? If yes, you have the Aurora-R1. What specific video card, how much system ram?

18 Posts

November 13th, 2013 13:00

Chris,

Thanks helping out once again.

I have ALX I7 with twin AMD Radeon HD5670 PCI Express 2.0 with all RAM slots filled.

All drivers are up to date except broadcom driver for net.

Regards,

rob

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 13th, 2013 14:00

I suggest you leave it as is until machine is retired or demoted soon.

AMD-5670 are low-ends cards. Even two in CFx is only about 1.5x speed of single.

Try clean install of latest "Release Version" (non-beta) Catalyst.

I assume you are running BF4 Release? In there a non-network local benchmark inside it to run?

18 Posts

November 14th, 2013 14:00

Tesla,

I got the cards running on full throttle and i just about keep the game playable. I have also disable hyperthreading so that the full power is not split, no idea if it works actually. I turned most of the settings low and vertical syncs etc off.

By clean install you mean, do uninstall and then do the latest proper release.

I got the sales copy of BF4 installed, there are some facilities there to test the machine if you mean those, they classify this old warhorse as bad.

To my question then, considering that the boys in my neck of the woods will be spending their evenings playing BF4 for the next 24 months, what Alienware Aurora would you buy post christmas to play this type of game, I got around 1600$ (1000£) to 2400$ (1500£) to throw at it?

Regards,

Rob

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 14th, 2013 20:00

By clean install you mean, do uninstall and then do the latest proper release.

Yes ... uninstall, reboot, drop back to Microsoft (non-Catalyst) driver, install latest certified Release version for your card.

No Events found!