Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2010 22:00

BIOS a08 troubleshoot

I need help I just installed bios a08 on my Aurora system, once it restarted the pc would just beep 4 times and restart over and over again for about an hour, I shut it off manually, now the system just beeps 4 times and restarts and powers the fans at full blast, any idea on what i can do

50 Posts

April 18th, 2010 11:00

OK, it wasn't as hard to find as I thought.

From the faq for Aurora:

Clear CMOS
* Power the system off
* Remove the left side panel
* Locate the 3 pin CMOS reset jumper on the system board by the coin battery
* Remove the jumper from pins 2 and 3
* Place the jumper on pins 1 and 2 and wait approximately five seconds
* Place it back on jumper pins 2 and 3
* Replace the left side panel

50 Posts

April 18th, 2010 11:00

4 beeps on my aurora means my overclock failed. Usually, my computer resets itself back to 2.66 automatically. You might have to manually reset the cmos. I think before dell redid the forums Chris had a faq up that detailed how to do this for our computer. Do you have the new 980x processor? Is your computer overclocked and also is your memory overclocked? These are all things that will help people who know a whole lot more than me help you,

3 Posts

April 19th, 2010 22:00

Thanks for the info, I ended up calling Dell customer support, the guy was friendly, he had me clear the CMOS by removing the battery instead moving the jumpers, after about an hour on the phone turned out to be 2 ram sticks, they are sending me the replacements, thanks for the suggestions

No Events found!