Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 13th, 2014 11:00

Battery PABAS0241231

My battery no longer holds its charge at all (if the charger cord is even bumped a little it completely powers off instantly). Where can I order one from? How much will it cost? Will there be a selection of choices like an 8 hour battery or a 10 hour battery or is there just one available replacement? I bought my alienware laptop November 2012. Is 2 years an appropriate length for this battery?

1.8K Posts

March 17th, 2014 10:00

Hi!

This is the battery replacement part you need for your system.

Just to make sure the problem is not the AC adapter, check if on the taskbar on Windows you get a message on the charger that says "Plugged in but not charging".

Also check on the BIOS (Setup Utility) if the AC adapter type says "Unknown".

1.8K Posts

March 13th, 2014 17:00

Hi!

Can you please tell me what Alienware model you own?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 13th, 2014 17:00

saraphym,

We need to know the specific model of Alienware laptop to know what battery part number you need to purchase. Dell's standard battery warranty is one year starting from the Dell invoice date. Batteries are a consumable item. All batteries degrade with time and use. The warranty is very similar to common auto warranties which exclude consumable items such as tires.

When you remove the battery from the laptop and run with only the AC adapter, does the laptop power off if bumped? If yes, the issue may not be the battery but instead the AC adapter or the plug on the chassis.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2014 02:00

My laptop is the M17xR4 (and thank you all for your swift assistance)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2014 07:00

When you remove the battery from the laptop and run with only the AC adapter, does the laptop power off if bumped? If yes, the issue may not be the battery but instead the AC adapter or the plug on the chassis.

3 Posts

March 15th, 2014 04:00

I meant the cord becomes removed when bumped. If the battery is not in the laptop, and the cord becomes bumped which I should have worded pulled out, the laptop will undoubtedly power off instantly, being it will have no power source. (..Also alien autopsy warned me when it stopped holding the charge and gave me the message about the battery, and that's where I got the PABAS0241231 in my thread title) please just which battery do I need and where can I get it. If you really think the cord is the problem to why its lost its charge so soon then double check dell sent me the correct charger with my purchase: (info from charger label:) model: da180pm111 dell p/n: ww4xy ref no: adp-180mb d (and at the bottom cn-0ww4xy-48661-27o-04ax-a00)

October 2nd, 2014 18:00

If i live in Malaysia, how am i supposed to get this battery online?

1 Message

April 7th, 2015 13:00

The battery (PABAS0241231) is listed as sold out as of April 2015. When are they due back in stock? I need this battery also.

1 Message

March 10th, 2017 03:00

I would like to replace my battery (PABAS0241231) as it doesn't hold it's charge as well as it used to but cannot find anywhere to get a replacement, are there any suggestions?

No Events found!