Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 05:00

Battery charging deactivated, Will not turn on without being plugged in.

When I turn on computer it tells me that the battery charging has ben temporarily deactivated.  and to check by hitting F2.  that tells me to reseat the ac pack and plug it back into the computer when it is at operational temperature.  the thing is it was off for over 15 hrs, it was what i would turm as "ice cold".  it also turns itself off sometimes even when it's plugged in.  It sayd that the battery is 100% charged.  if I unplug it from the AC it shuts off emediately.   has been working fine for the last 2 weeks, now this.  i just don"t get it.  i checked, and it registers the adaptor at 150.  Will not run off of battery at all.  

Shelley Kwiat

3.3K Posts

June 26th, 2013 05:00

Hi Shelley Kwiat,

I recommend you to remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power .Now put back the battery and connect the adapter and power on the computer and check.

Did you check with known good adapter?

Disconnect the battery and use the computer on adapter. Check if the computer works on adapter.

Refer the following link for battery not charging” issue:

http://dell.to/ZbIDbk

http://bit.ly/1203Vub

Awaiting your response!

June 28th, 2013 08:00

When I turn on computer it tells me that the battery charging has ben temporarily deactivated.  and to check by hitting F2.  that tells me to reseat the ac pack and plug it back into the computer when it is at operational temperature.  the thing is it was off for over 15 hrs, it was what i would turm as "ice cold".  it also turns itself off sometimes even when it's plugged in.  It sayd that the battery is 100% charged.  if I unplug it from the AC it shuts off emediately.   has been working fine for the last 2 weeks, now this.  i just don"t get it.  i checked, and it registers the adaptor at 150.  Will not run off of battery at all.  

Shelley Kwiat

What's the model of the computer you are having issues with? We have an article about this issue here.

No Events found!