Highlighted
cfrancis17
1 Nickel

Black Screen Issue

I just got a brand new Alienware x51-R2 for xmas and for the past two days it boots into a black screen i tried some of the things that have been suggested but cant find a solution. Yesterday i left it for a bit and it loaded in itself but I'm trying to get it back to normal, now the weird thing is that like the anti virus thing pops up without me seeing the wallpaper. i have had two monitors plugged in it n the graphics card i have a intel core i7 4770 and a force gtx 745

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Black Screen Issue

Whenever you boot into that black screen  and you see the anti-virus Pop up (Is it the same anti-virus you have on your computer), does it let you use the mouse freely?

Are you able to get into Safe Mode?

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
cfrancis17
1 Nickel

Yes to all of it I got it fixed but if like to how to prevent it

0 Kudos
Perkins817
1 Copper

I am having this exact problem with a yes to all of the above questions. Can you please help me?

0 Kudos

As long as you run your computer's anti-virus, and keep your Operating System clean you shouldn't be running into these issues.
Do you keep your drivers all up to date?

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos