Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2014 16:00

Black screen issue (can't find an answer)

So my friend gave me his alienware mx17 r2 and told me his graphics card was messed up, his reasoning being upon starting the computer, the screen stays black, but if you connect to a TV through an hdmi port, the the screen works. In my prior experience with computers that lead me to believe that it really isn't the graphics card, or the hdmi wouldn't work either. He restored it before giving it to me. While installing drivers The windows screen actually popped up briefly before disappearing again. So I left the computer on while I took my dog to the dog park and when I came back to my computer and pressed the power button to take it off of hibernate the screen worked! And it wasn't just the windows menu, I was already logged in and the screen was working properly, then about 10 seconds later it cut off again :( does anyone know why it would be doing this ?

October 7th, 2014 18:00

I am having the same issues with my Alienware 17 and it is the LCD screen. Tech support has not responded to my post on the forums so I will need to call them. You should probably have your friend call them also so that they can get their computer fixed. I was shocked when I started having this issue because I have never had this problem with a screen before and this is a new laptop.

671 Posts

October 8th, 2014 14:00

I am having the same issues with my Alienware 17 and it is the LCD screen. Tech support has not responded to my post on the forums so I will need to call them. You should probably have your friend call them also so that they can get their computer fixed. I was shocked when I started having this issue because I have never had this problem with a screen before and this is a new laptop.

I wasn't able to find your post. If you want you can PM me the link to it and I'll go ahead and start working on your case.

671 Posts

October 8th, 2014 14:00

As chibiearth2000 mentions.

This seems to be an issue with the LCD, Most likely it will need to be replaced. I do recommend your friend to give us a call so we can assist him/her.

No Events found!