Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2013 06:00

Blu Ray issues

Hi Folks,

I've got an x51 and earlier on today I was watching a Blu Ray on it and my dog nudged the PC. Nothing happened, there was no interruption of the film or anything but when I have taken the disc out and put a seconf blu ray disc in it wont play?! It is playing DVD's fine but not Blu Rays. Whn I put a blu ray in now the pc makes 3 rattling noises (like its trying to spin the disc) it does 2 or 3 sets of these and then ejects the disc, any ideas??

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 10th, 2013 20:00

Hi Bartos27,

Please use the link below to troubleshoot Blu-Ray drive not able to read media for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/15DU1SQ

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

August 11th, 2013 04:00

Hi,

Thanks for this but unfortunately it didn't work, the drive isnt recognising blu ray for some reason and is just ejecting any blu ray disk after trying to read it

901 Posts

August 11th, 2013 10:00

I hate to make a stupid suggestion, but is the software that plays the blu ray working OK ,all blu ray disks need additional software to operate.

You can also check to make sure that the ODD driver is installed, here is a link for an X51 R2 ODD driver

www.dell.com/.../alienware-x51-r2

if all else fails then maybe a PSA test will pickup the fault, when you machine boots hit the F12 key and select PSA test

I hope these suggestions help

3 Posts

August 11th, 2013 14:00

Hi, I think the software is fine, I was watching. Blu Ray yesterday and then when I went to put another disk in it just stopped working. The PSA check didn't flag anything up I'm afraid, good suggestion though. Is it possible that the Blu Ray part of the optical drive could break but the DVD/Cd element works normally? It's so weird, only had the PC 2 months..

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 12th, 2013 10:00

Hi Bartos27,

Please let me know the operating system installed on your computer so that I can check and assist you further.

August 12th, 2013 18:00

Hi Bartos27,

Checkout this article for further troubleshooting on Optical drives within Windows.

Re-installing PowerDVD and later installing a patch prompted to their website normally works as well.

Let me know how it goes.

No Events found!