Highlighted
AceCritical
1 Copper

Blue Screen of Death on Older Alienware Models running Windows 10 x64 bit

Here is my hardware:

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (overclocked to 3.0GHz)

Installed memory (RAM): 24.0 GB (36 inserted)

System type: 64 bit OS and x64-based processor

SSD- for OS and basic applications

3 TB HDD for all other programs and games

AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series

I run Bitdefender Total Security 2015 as my AntiVirus

[IMPORTANT INFORMATION]

I own an Aleinware Aurora, running on the A11 Bios. NOTE: I updated the BIOS to the most recent update possible just the other day.

Problem:

I am getting the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) when I am in the middle of gaming sessions. The crashing of my games, and the BSoD has symptoms of a Memory Leak. Out of all the BSoD that I have encountered, Most of them gave me the "MEMORY_MANAGMENT" error. I have also got two other errors at different times. "KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", and "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE".

Needless to say, it is very frustrating that this keeps happening. I went so far as to contact Microsoft support to resolve the issue. The session ended up in me having to completely wipe my entire system clean and start over with a fresh Operating System. Everything was ok at first, but the symptoms returned just like before. So, I concluded that THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE OPERATING SYSTEM ITSELF! IT IS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE THAT INVOLVES SOME TYPE OF MEMORY LEAK! Sorry for caps, I just wanted to be sure you paid close attention to that part.

So this is the part where I checked my Device Manager. I saw under the "Other Devices" Tab that there was an "Unknown Device". I checked it. I cannot update the drivers, simply because the computer cannot recognize it. I checked the "Details" tab, and this is where it got interesting...

Under "Details" in the "Value" box, it said "ROOT\SYSTEM\0001" Now how freaking confusing is that?? Well I looked it up and found out that it has something to do with the Motherboard and the Bios. So, I looked up the Bios drivers, and found that the most recent driver DOES NOT LIST ITS COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 10. So.... does this mean that Dell will not be updating my BIOS to run Windows 10? It DID indicate that there will not be new versions made... This is my only conclusion to the problem. I need a driver for my Bios to work with windows 10. It makes sense that a bios incompatibility would cause a memory leak of some sort. I am still looking into it.

Hope that DELL can contact me soon about their opinion on the matter.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

RE: Blue Screen of Death on Older Alienware Models running Windows 10 x64 bit

Dell will not be providing any drivers and/or a newer BIOS for your particular model of computer.  I'm going to assume you have the original Aurora and as such, the best OS for your computer at this point would be Windows 7.

0 Kudos