Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2013 02:00

Blue screen after less than a month

Ok...I just blew $2400 I almost didn't have on a laptop because the Alienware brand has done right by me so far. This is my third alienware (first since the buy-out), and I figured that Dell couldn't mess up a good brand. Now, just over a month after my M18X was delivered, I received my first blue screen error, in spite of making minimal software changes, and the acquisition of a solid antivirus, with a few other tools. And the only reason I'm posting it here is because the only links my computer can't load/that receive errors are the email and chat technical support options. Funny. Here's the blue screen error. I can provide a DXDiag if needed. Any help with this is appreciated; if this can't be resolved, I don't see myself spending another dime on Dell products for the remainder of my existence. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 4a BCP1: 0000000076E1138A BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000000 BCP4: FFFFF88003FEBB60 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\020413-12901-01.dmp C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22526-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

11 Posts

February 7th, 2013 04:00

Well, I had an M17 from back in 2008 for the longest time. It ran great, and had a solid life as far as duration goes (at least for computers). Around December of 2012, I decided it was time for a replacement though. I put the ol' system up on the shelf, and made arrangements for a new one. I had a few hang ups about it, since Dell bought the company out (and isn't exactly known for service). But, it was still the biggest name in gaming systems, and I wanted a real top-of-the-line one.And that's what I paid for.

Once I got it, I was thrilled. It looked great, felt great...and for the first few weeks, ran great. Heck, I made every effort to ensure it did. Got a solid antivirus, malwarebytes and CCleaner, and kept internet browsing limited to email (I still have my older Alienware for the other stuff). Then one day, I'm playing League of Legends with my brother (keeps us in touch over the distance) and BAM! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. After just over a month. My jaw dropped on the spot.

That was a couple of weeks ago now, and since then I've received two more blue screens, a failure to recognize the audio hardware upon startup (as if it wasn't there at all), and a catastrophic failure error while attempting to run system restore (in the hopes that would fix it, no less). After fiddling with the Dell website, I find that email support and chat support are unavailable for it, which means I can't even fix it. I work the full gamut of hours that Dell's service line is open, so I have to actually request a day off from work just to fix my computer.

So, I'll be doing just that here down the road when I can. I'm honestly terrified at the thought; I still have nightmares from dealing with Dell's tech support with my Mom's laptop when I was younger, struggling to understand the thick-accented man on the other end of the line as he tells me to restart it and make sure it's plugged in like I'm a degenerate technophobe. I'll repost here regarding how it went, possibly with hopes that maybe some kind soul on the forums here will be more help than Dell has been thus far, and possibly with a renewed faith in the alienware brand, and a new-found fondness of Dell. I don't think the latter is very likely, but I'm trying to keep a fair and open mind with this one.

TL ; DR: Blue screens, sound failure, and catastrophic errors. Could use some help. Can provide blue screen details and error details upon request; email correspondence welcome.

11 Posts

February 7th, 2013 07:00

Disregard.

No Events found!