Grant S.
6 Indium

Bluetooth device not detected

My Alienware17 with Windows 10 is not detecting my Bluetooth devices.  I've updated the Bluetooth drivers but it doesn't help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

RE: Bluetooth device not detected

Hi,

Do you have the Alienware 17 R1? Make sure the wireless radio is enabled, you can check this by pressing the FN + F2 keys.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grant S.
6 Indium

I have an Alienware 17 R2.  FN+F2 key only turns the airplane mode on or off.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming this. Can you also confirm which Bios version you are running with the system and what you show in Device Manager, under Network Adapters?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Grant S.
6 Indium

Sorry, my system is actually an Alienware 17R3.  The Bios version is Alienware 1.2.2, 10/28/15.   For network adapters, device manager shows the following:

-Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

-Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Prototcol FDI

-Killer e2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

-Killer Wireless - n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter

TAP-Windows Adapter V9

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming this. Try installing the latest Bios version, click here

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

for the download link. Are any of the network devices showing an error?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Grant S.
6 Indium

Didn't seem to help installing the new Bios.  Under mange Bluetooth devices, It did  show "unknown ready to pair" but it never pairs.  No other devices are showing an error.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you had tried all of the recommended troubleshooting procedures for this type of issue. The problem could be hardware related. For hardware assistance, send me your Service Tag in a PM.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos