Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2015 14:00

Bluetooth driver broken after win10 upgrade.

I own an Alienware Aurora R4 which has a Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device built in. and from time to time the driver bugged out and i had to reinstal it this worked perfectly fine on windows 7 before but now it happend on windows 10 and after reinstalling it i cant acces the interface anymore to connect to my devices. the driver in question is called "sp48881" and was made by motorola.

so i was wondering if there is an updated version for windows 10 available somewhere cause i cant seem to find one.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Click here to view a link from Driver Scape, it lists the driver for the Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB and it states it’s compatible with Windows 10.

August 24th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the driver and tryed to instal the driver but i get a popup from windows itself saying: "this app cant be executed on this PC : broadcom bluetooth software doesnt work with this version of windows". and then stops the setup.

3 Posts

August 24th, 2015 17:00

Hi,

I am also having this problem with an X51-R2.....  The Broadcom DW1550 Bluetooth 4.0 LE installs with an Event message "Device USB\VID_413C&PID_8143\24FD524410D0 requires further installation" as do a couple of other (supporting?) Bluetooth drives from MS.  I can get paired with my audio device (Rotel Amp) but I cannot connect under Win10 as I did in Win7.  Broadcom Driver install does not work similarly.    MS has been no help so far. 

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks,

roger

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 25th, 2015 16:00

Hello, 

Please send me a PM with your service tag so we can look further into this. 

3 Posts

August 26th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

Service Code is .....  and sure what a PM means?....

Thanks,

roger

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 26th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

It means Private Message. Send me a PM so that only we (Dell) will be able to see your information.

3 Posts

August 28th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Ok I sent a PM - please let me know if you have not received one..... Thanks Again

1 Message

November 26th, 2015 08:00

having similar issues with Bluetooth not working on inspiron N 5010 when upgrading to windows 10..... can anyone help and will the driver scape application work for me ?????   trying to connect to my s3 without hardwiring

November 28th, 2015 21:00

!!! important !!! Download a working installer for your Bluetooth adapter drivers, once that's done disconnect from internet.

1st. Right click start logo in windows 10

2nd. Open Device Manager

3rd. Find and open Network Adapters subsection

4th. Find your Bluetooth adapter

5th. Right click it, and select "uninstall"  (if it allows check the box to delete driver files)

6th. If it needs to restart the computer do so before installing your Bluetooth drivers again with the installer.

7th. If you didn't need to follow step 6 go ahead and install your Bluetooth adapter driver again via its installation software.

8th. Before attempting to use your Bluetooth; reboot your computer once. !!! Important !!!

9th. Try out your Bluetooth again and let me know if your issue is fixed.

No Events found!