Iczel
1 Copper

RE: Blurry text in Device manager as well as some other apps.

Jump to solution

I apologize, I don't know why I didn't see that post. I might have glossed over it. If that's the case then that ***. It's a bit of an eyesore. 

There are other apps like VLC and winamp that are scaling terribly. It doesn't seem to help with modifying the scaling (already up to 200+%) I meant to take a screen shot last night but was sidetracked. Based on Hindesite's post, it sounds more to do with Windows 10.

I'll try to get a screen shot of VLC and winamp issue i had. 

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Tesla1856

Iczel

Hi - I recently received my XPS13 (9350) QHD version. The very first thing I noticed was that Device Manager was blurry just like OP. Some windows are also super small. I almost need a magnifying glass to read. Is there any resolution to this?

Of course, proper display drivers must be properly installed.
In Control-Panel, set Display resolution to the native (full) resolution of the display panel. That should take care of the "blurry". Always leave it like that. 
To make items larger, you do that in a different place. You can adjust the Scaling up from 100%.

Oh, c'mon. Read the posts further up the thread, this is not a driver, scaling or resolution issue. The blurriness is due to legacy apps not scaling correctly, which is why the Device Manager looks blurry, but the Modern (Metro) control panel interfaces do not.

Not sure who you are replying to. I have a Lenovo X1-Carbon here with 2560x1440 res, so I'm familiar with High-DPI issues. Yes, mine is still running Win8, but I don't think that matters. I'm not seeing anything blurry in legacy Control Panel. Looks like zoom is maxed out. Sure stuff gets small in apps that don't support scaling ... but Control Panel is part of Windows. Everything that is part of the OS looks fine.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

I apologize, I don't know why I didn't see that post. I might have glossed over it. If that's the case then that ***. It's a bit of an eyesore. 

There are other apps like VLC and winamp that are scaling terribly. It doesn't seem to help with modifying the scaling (already up to 200+%) I meant to take a screen shot last night but was sidetracked. Based on Hindesite's post, it sounds more to do with Windows 10.

I'll try to get a screen shot of VLC and winamp issue i had. 

Thanks all!

Yes, screen-shots of parts of Windows (like Control Panel) being blurry ... that's what you posted.

As far as 3rd Party Apps or Programs not scaling ... You will have to contact the developers of those apps for an update if you are not happy with the way they scale.

- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Iczel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

DeviceManagerScaling.png

See above. Even Google Drive looks blurry. Everything else looks crispy clear

GoogleDrive.png

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Try running the ClearType Text Tuner.

0 Kudos
Iczel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yeah that was the first thing I tried. What's odd is I actually can't tell apart the options they give you... But I can see it on Device Driver. I think hindesight is on to something. 

0 Kudos