keith b79
2 Bronze

Re: Brand New $2000 Alienware M14x gives me 7 beeps but does not boot

Ok seing how this is my fourth time being repaired, do I just need to contact customer support while my laptop is at the repair center in Houston? Or should I wait till it goes down again?

0 Kudos
89fordprobee
4 Beryllium

okay from what i remeber and il try and find the info anyway i was told directly from tech support management when my M17XR1 went under surgery that they cant replace it till ATLEAST 3 attempts of repairing the same issue not different issues so 3 board replacements and no go... you can push for replacement which will be a refurb not a new one unless within the 21 days then just return it if its got an issue. mt M17X R1 was 7 video cards .. 1 primary then both were swapped 3 times then board 3 times ...

Alienware X51 R3 

M18X R2  🙂  (again)  

Inspiron 11 Flip , Studio 1535 ,Inspiron 6400

Previous Systems:

M18X R2, M17X R2 ,M17X R1, XPS M1730 & M1530, Inspiron 17R

Posting Tips:
- Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
- Click the button if we answered your question.

I answer questions here, but
I'm not a Dell employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
keith b79
2 Bronze

Now they called me today and stated that they are replcing the hard drive?  That Windows and my HD had a problem with each other? I ma pretty sure they will replace the MB which will be my fourth one in 3 months.

0 Kudos
DarthCY
2 Bronze

Chris,

You may want to get somebody to listen and post the 7-beep info in that FAQ.  There is no reason not to.  If it saves you one customer then it is totally worth it.  The tech support people confirmed for me more than once this was a know issue.  If it is known it should be in the FAQ.  I don't care if only 1000 people have had their motherboards replaced out of 1,000,000.  That is a potential 1,000 customers that Dell won't get back.

If you look at it this way it will cost what, an hour to update the FAQ.  So lets be generous and call it $200 worth of work.  Say I was a loyal customer of Dell or Alienware and I buy a new laptop every 2-3 years.  That is a potential sales figure of lets say $1,500 every 2-3 years for 20 years.  So to save $200 on updating an FAQ Dell is willing to forego a potential $1,500 x 7 or $10,500 in lifetime sales.  That is just the case for 1 customer.  There are several in this thread alone not to mention everybody who reads it.  

Update the FAQ.  Its not hard and its the right thing to do.  Not only for the customer, but for your business.

0 Kudos
DarthCY
2 Bronze

They replaced my HD too.  I wonder if something on the MB is corrupting the hard drive?

0 Kudos
Miguel F
1 Copper

I haven't made any progress at all! I have no idea how to deal with this. Why can't you make this official, DELL?

0 Kudos
gopcboy
1 Copper

I have the same problem!!!!

I just bought this computer for 2 days!!!!

I called DELL and they sent a guy to replace the MB.

But what can I do if this happen again???!!!

0 Kudos