Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2010 13:00

Brand New Alienware Aurora Lights

I love this computer, extremely fast. But small, small very, annoyance... left zone (the light zone where the detachable chasis door is) will flicker from the chosen color to a random color. Its a very quick flicker, and doesnt happen non-stop just once every minute or so. But its prolly one of the most annoying things ever lol.

76 Posts

March 6th, 2010 13:00

Yup, this is normal. Mine doesnt do it quite that often though. Probably once every hour or so. I've found it also depends on what color you have it on. My red would flicker to blue, but I have it on sort of a neon green/yellow and i havnt seen it happen in a few days.

4 Posts

March 9th, 2010 12:00

Mine does this also, the only color that i dont seem to have a problem with is purple. I have also had the original memory that came with the system fail the comp is only 3 months old. for 2500 bucks i would expect alittle better quality.

1 Message

March 18th, 2010 16:00

Yep... same here. Mine blinks too. Guess I'm glad mine is not the only one.  I turned all of my lights off and it still happens. Mine happens about once every 15 minutes or so. Just annoying sometimes.

Different issue:  Do your vents close when you shut the machine off?  Mine always stay open. Seems like to me they should close when the machine is shutting down. I called support about it and the tech claimed that Microsoft would have to fix this in the next Win 7 update.  ??????  "If not, call back and we will tell you how to flash the BIOS... but we only want to do this as a last resort b/c it could fry your computer."  Maybe I'm an idiot and don't know any better, but I have flashed several computers over the years to update the BIOS and I have never had a problem. I felt like mostly he was just blowing me off. No big deal. Just wondering none of the machines close the vents on shutdown.

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 17:00

Also having the same issue.  Door panel light flickers from solid green for about 1/4 second to light blue/white then back to green on two separate machines I just got in.  Otherwise, both computers are awesome thus far. (Day 2!)

50 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 20:00

I personally didn't have any luck with the alien command center versions a06 or a05 so I went back to a02 which shipped with my computer and have a few work arounds I use to keep my lights on and the fans going.

No Events found!