Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2013 10:00

Brand new alienware m17x r4 Error code: 0xc0000001

I just bought my alienware m17x r4 on the 19th of june. After three days of using the laptop now I'm getting this error below consistently. The last thing I did was update the graphics card driver from the dell website. The restart was successful but when i shut down the laptop and turned it on after few minutes this error pops up continually. In fact i have Dell Next Business Day on-site warranty till 20th June 2014. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks 

:(
Your PC ran into Problem and it needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you

RECOVERY

Your PC couldn't start properly
After multiple tries, the operating system on your pc failed to start, so it needs to be repaired
Error code: 0xc0000001
You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have an installation media (like a disc or USB devices), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

1.5K Posts

June 23rd, 2013 15:00

Hi Sriram2691,

Welcome to the Community

We truly regret for the inconvenience that has been caused do you. Please let us know if you have made a backup disk or USB drive for the system .

Also, follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

To solve this blue screen error in windows 8, turn off your computer  and when you power it up again, immediately press SHIFT + F8  key you will be presented with following screen:

Click on “See advanced repair options” and from the next screen, choose “Troubleshoot”:

On the next screen, choose “Advanced Options”

In Advanced Options, choose “Windows Startup Settings”

There you will find a button “Restart”. Click on this button and allow the wizard to complete all the steps. Note that it will repair your computer without making any changes to it. Once the process is completed, your computer will automatically restart and you should be able to boot windows now.

If you have any further queries feel free to reply to us.

4 Posts

June 23rd, 2013 15:00

Hi sandeep thanks for your reply. I have tried your method several times but i couldnt get that recovery option. It just goes back to the blue screen after the alienware logo. Since i have the 'next business day on-site warranty' i have actually contacted dell support a while ago and they have organised someone to visit my place tomorrow. I hope they can fix the problem. What really bugs me is that after saving money for almost six months to buy this laptop and all i get is a blue screen in just 3 days of use :(

1.5K Posts

June 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi Sriram2691,

I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

I am sure after the engineer visit this issue would be resolved to your satisfaction. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

4 Posts

June 26th, 2013 00:00

Hey Sandeep I'm facing issues with the dell technical support. I called you guys on sunday close to mid night and i asked the guy whether the technician will come on Monday as i had the NBD on site warranty but he told me that he will be here on Tuesday since i called him very late on Sunday. And on Tuesday no one came to my place. I gave dell a call again and they said sorry for the inconvenience we'll send a technician by Wednesday (i.e. today). Well no one turned up today as well. Called dell again and the guy said we are only sending you a backup DVD and you'll get it soon. Seriously i spend 2000$ for a laptop and it gets crashed in 3 days of use for just updating a driver and now the support given by dell is really underrated considering that i also have the dell premium warranty. Can you look whats going on Sandeep. I can provide you with my service tag.

1.5K Posts

June 27th, 2013 00:00

Hi Sriram2691,

We truly regret the inconvenience that has been caused to you. Please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

23 Posts

November 19th, 2014 23:00

sorry may i asking they sending you a backup DVD.... is that dvd free?

4 Posts

November 20th, 2014 04:00

Yes it is free if you have the warranty! They sent me within a week after i had this problem even though i had NBD warranty. But it happened again then they replaced my graphics card (HD7970M) for free! now its almost 1 year no hassle!

23 Posts

November 20th, 2014 05:00

my laptop still had warranty, but when i require they send me recovery disc they said about will charges me... then i want to complaint dell now.....

or call dell again require that disc....

23 Posts

November 20th, 2014 05:00

how you require dell send you that disc for free? just saying about cant log in to windows??

23 Posts

November 21st, 2014 09:00

you solve your problem which 0xc0000001, until now you can recovery by urself or not? will it occur 0xc0000001 ?

i had try another way succeed to reset, but until now still cant recovery by itself, but i can use another to reset only.... 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 21st, 2014 15:00

A recovery disk will not fix a physically bad Drive.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Chose your language settings and click next
3. Click repair your computer

If you do not have this contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer

File: \windows\system32\config\system

info: Windows failed to load because the system registry files is missing or corrupt. 

Recovery Disks are not given out always everywhere forever.

Depends on your model the OS and which country you are in.

Is this Windows 7 or Windows 8 ?

23 Posts

November 22nd, 2014 07:00

i had create installation media and solve this problem already, actually that dell backup and recovery cant solve those problem....

No Events found!