Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2015 19:00

Can't Save Themes in AlienFX

I get the following error when I try to change themes on my Alienware Aurora R4 using AlienFX

"Access to the path 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\AlienFX\Themes\Alienware.ath' is denied."

Any ideas as to how I can resolve this? Not a huge deal, but not optimal either.

*EDIT*
I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, this is probably worth mentioning.

12 Posts

August 25th, 2015 13:00

Oh boy. I just realized a really easy fix. All I have to do is run it as an administrator. Sorry! My Bad! Does anyone know how to set all programs to run as administrators by default?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 24th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Uninstall the Alienware Command Center application from Program and Features. Restart the system and install the Alienware Command Center, click here for the download link. After installing it, try saving the themes again. Let us know how it goes.

12 Posts

August 24th, 2015 11:00

So, this actually made it worse. Now if I click on AlienFX, the error window pops up repeatedly and I have to force quit the application to get it to close. On the bright side, the GUI looks really neat now!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 25th, 2015 08:00

Hello, 

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message so we can look further into this?

12 Posts

August 25th, 2015 13:00

Here is a screenshot of the error window:
ErrorMessage.png

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 26th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Right click on the application.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click Compatibility.
  • Check the "run this program as an administrator" option.
  • Click Apply and close.

Let us know how it goes.

12 Posts

August 26th, 2015 17:00

That works for one application at a time, but is there anyway to set a lot of applications at once to all run as administrators?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 27th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is an option to do this with Windows 10. Try also posting this on the Microsoft Community forums for further assistance. 

No Events found!