Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2014 17:00

Can't re-configure my BIOS on Alienware X51 R2

Hi,

I create a problem for myself. I was having a hard time to make my GPU work instead of the onboard Intel card, and I happen to change a configuration on my BIOS (discrete as primary video source).

After I did that, my Alienware only show the screen on my TV when Windows is logged in. The problem is that I want to access BIOS to set the video preference as "Auto" (it was like this before I mess up).

Anyone can help with that? It will help if you guys know the exact order of commands that I need to press on the BIOS screen to restore to default configurations too – even without seeing it, I know that I can enter in the BIOS menus by pressing F2 after restarting the machine.

Tks guys!

• 

2.7K Posts

November 14th, 2014 14:00

In that case you will need to take out the NVidia card that way the system will be able to post with the integrated one, right after restart the system and go into the BIOS and press F9 to load the BIOS defaults, then save and exit.

Turn off the system and put the NVidia card back in. 

November 14th, 2014 15:00

Milena,

The problem is that I can't see the BIOS screen because my Alienware just show me images after Windows 8.1 is logged in.

I'm pretty sure that I can enter in the BIOS even without seeing it in the screen. My BIOS look like different from the usual BIOS screen. It hah some icons in the top, its more visual.

Do you know the exact commands that I need to input to load defaults? For exemplo: restart > F2 > arrow left > arrow left etc etc

Thank you a lot for your help!

• 

2.7K Posts

November 18th, 2014 17:00

I will recommend you to do it when you remove the video card but you can try to enter the BIOS and press F9, press enter and then F10 to safe and exit. 

No Events found!