xniam
1 Nickel

Can't start up my alienware at all !

So my alienware x51 was facing the sudden shutdown that many people face with the bios a08. Reading about the new version bios a12 which solve the problem, I downloaded it from http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=D9NT1 After updating I rebooted it, the power is on but no display is shown on the screen. The lights by the side and the fan are still running though. All cables are properly plugged in, it was working before I updated into bios a12. Have a make a mistake ? And is it compatible with windows 8 ? If not is there any solution to bring it back to a08 which it initially was working. Need help ! Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Can't start up my alienware at all !

Swap your video cable between your video card and motherboard. Most likely the bios just reset your default graphics setting.

0 Kudos

Re: Can't start up my alienware at all !

Hi Xnian,

Accept the friend request and send me your service tag through private message so I can look into your problem.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos