Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 6th, 2012 18:00

Can't update BIOS on T110 II (no USC "Platform Update" option)

I can't figure out how to update the BIOS on my DELL T110 II.  It seems simple enough in theory: restart; hit F10 when the Dell logo appears in order to start the Universal Server Configurator (USC); then select the Platform Update option.  My problem is that no "Platform Update" option appears in the USC's list of options.  I've tried using the USC's network settings page to configure my NIC to use my DHCP server, but I still don't get a USC "Platform Update" option.  I'm running vMware vSphere (ESXi 5.0) but I don't see how that would affect a BIOS update.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Best, Blake

14 Posts

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum!

2.4K Posts

I can't figure out how to update the BIOS on my DELL T110 II.  It seems simple enough in theory: restart; hit F10 when the Dell logo appears in order to start the Universal Server Configurator (USC); then select the Platform Update option.  My problem is that no "Platform Update" option appears in the USC's list of options.  I've tried using the USC's network settings page to configure my NIC to use my DHCP server, but I still don't get a USC "Platform Update" option.  I'm running vMware vSphere (ESXi 5.0) but I don't see how that would affect a BIOS update.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Best, Blake

Hello Blake,

You're in the wrong forums. Try posting this over in the server section here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/default.aspx

2.4K Posts

August 6th, 2012 19:00

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum!

It's ok. We will let you keep your interwebs card...for now

August 25th, 2012 14:00

Did you ever figure this out?

No Events found!