Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Cannot install command center

Alienware M18xr2-Cannot install Command Center. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home/ What do I have to do to reinstall the 'Command Center"  I have been unable to locate the Alienware "drivers" disc. What are my best options?                                                                                                      THANKS

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi riccpsr1965‌,

Your model doesn't support Windows 10 so we don't have a driver for the Command Center. You can try with this version, but we can't guarantee functionality:

Alienware Command Center Driver Driver Details | Dell US  

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my Aurora R6, I reinstalled Windows and can't get the command center running, it says: Installation package not compatible with this platform.

can anyone help? Alienware-Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Marci_91,

Send me a private message with the service tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Installation package not compatible with this platform. Alienware 17 R2 with windows 10. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi pawelrzezniczak‌,

Make sure the BIOS is up to date and use this version of the command center: Command Center 4.0 for Notebooks Driver Details | Dell US  

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Morning, I can't find the correct Alien Command Centre install file for this R6. I have the service tag if you need it? It is a new R6. Does anyone know where I might find the correct version for Win 10 64 bit? Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Just found the correct version FYI. It was released on October 17th and works very well. Version 4.6.2.0 W10 Setup YJCCD ZPE. Enjoy!

Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm having a very SIMILAR issue.  I go through the uninstall directions Dell/Alienware suggests & reinstall...  I get error messages EVERY time.  Please help.

I have the 

Alienware 17 R3 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ‌,

What's the error message?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

So I was in the process of making a video to show you what happens & for some weird reason (after 30+ times in the past) IT WORKED!  It's working now & I dont know why.  Thanks anyways!

Highlighted
Not applicable

I can't get Command Center to install either. Tried uninstalling and made sure the BIOS had my service tag. The error tells me that the installation package is not compatible with this platform. Alienware Area 51 R2 running Windows 10 64

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ‌,

Send me a private message with the service tag. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Can you help? I have my service tag, but don't know how to pm you.

Thx in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hover the cursor over me username and hit Message. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

https://youtu.be/-GTGL9NVgAY

Reinstall command center .right above.  this video is on the forum login page..good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Doesn’t work. The error I get, if I understand it correctly, is that the installer is having a hard time believing that this crappy Area 51 R2 of mine is one of the systems it can be installed on. So far support has asked me for my service tag, which I provided them..and asked my why I wanted to update. Seriously?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Your post says "I can't get Command Center to install either", we asked why you were reinstalling the Command Center (due to a system reset or clean OS install for example), but you didn't specify it was just an update. We need to have all to information in order to better assist you.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

i am having this issue and it is stressing me out. i really need some assistance, could someone please help me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ‌,

Send me private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

‌,

I'm also having this issue.  Would you be able to assist me as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

I have an R7, and had no problem downloading and re-installing the CC EXCEPT that the OC page was not included.  I had to download this separately.  I have no other info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Problem solved!  I was able to find and install the Windows 7 version without an issue.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Cannot install command center on m17xr2 with win 10 upgrade. installed r272621 but video crashes on boot.

0 Kudos