Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2012 18:00

Changing boot order on Aurora R4

I am trying to change the boot order in BIOS for the CD/DVD to boot first. Am trying to run Acronis which is a bootable disk and it's a no go. I can change it, reboot and check to make sure it shows the CD/DVD as the first boot, which it does, but when I install the acronis disk, shut the computer down and reboot it goes right to the hard drive and Windows rather than booting from the disk. I read somewhere that other people had that problem, but can't find it again to see what the salution was. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wayne

445 Posts

November 10th, 2012 11:00

Thanks for the reply. I thought that may be the problem as I read something about UEFI bios before. My intention was to install a SSD and migrate the hard drive to the SSD, but maybe Dell doesn't want us doing that on their computers. Kingston who makes the SSD and supplies the software should have known that, but there is no mention on their website that I can find. It's not a total bust as my son has a couple Dell laptops and has been wanting to put a SSD in one so I will just send the Kingston drive to him. Thanks Again.

Wayne

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 10th, 2012 10:00

lynne4270,

I thought I read somewhere out here that the Acronis boot CD would not work on our UEFI bios?

445 Posts

November 13th, 2012 11:00

Chris. Have been in touch with the people at Kingston. They or Acronis have no plans on addressing this problem, so I will be pulling the Kingston SSD out and sending it to my son. They suggested that I change from UEFI to legacy to boot the cd, but have read you can run into other problems doing that. So I will just give it up as a lost cause. I would call Alienware support, but I always get some one from across the pond. I am hard of hearing anyway and can only understand about every 3rd word they are saying so that wouldn't accomplish a thing. What you read about Acronis not working with UEFI is correct.

No Events found!