Alienware General - Read Only

Last reply by 05-07-2012 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Clean Install of Windows 7 64bit + Alienware Command Center killed my FX lighting!

Need some help. I did a complete fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64bit on my brand new shiny Aurora desktop (Arrived Oct. 27th, 2009). Everything was fine until I installed the Alienware Command Center (from Dell support!). The setup updated the firmware, after which I now have no FX lighting. In fact the application kept causing the blue screen of death! I had to remove this as well. I really don't understand how Dell can post software that doesn't work! Has anybody else had any problems with a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit?

Replies (16)

DMiannay - the link you posted is restricted?  Keeps giving an 'Access Denied' message?  Any chance of forwarding a new link or maybe post the instructions here instead?

+1
I get an "Access Denied" message when trying to access the link.

Is Dell trying to keep this a secret?  LOL

I am not sure if DMiannay is refering to long thread with 175+ posts. If he is it's within the first 5 pages on the alienware forum, something about the command center on the aurora/area 51.

I recently reinstalled windows 7 on a pair of ssd in raid, and this same thing happened. Installed the command center, and now my lights dont work, and my pci fan spins at a high rate constantly. I was on the phone with tech support for a few hours, and according the them I need a replacement fx board. A tech is supposed to install it this week, but from the sounds of these post there is a chance that it's not the board? As far as I could tell the board was powered on, by the orange light, it just seemed to me that it was no longer communicating with the mobo. In the device manager I found the generic usb hub that is attached to the fx board, but it said nothing was connected.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Removed

3 Zinc

There is a post on how to install Win 7 on Alieware desktops.  

here is the link

en.community.dell.com/.../19376654.aspx

The order of installation of drivers is very important.

Good luck.

Alienware 13 - i5-4210U - 16 GB MEM - 512 GB SSD  - 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

The post is meant for desktops but I followed these steps, for the most part, for my laptop and it worked fine.  So for those of you who are having a similar issue with a laptop, just follow the steps and skip the steps that do not apply for a laptop.  It should all work the same at the end.  Mine is running perfectly.

Alienware 13 - i5-4210U - 16 GB MEM - 512 GB SSD  - 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

I am having the exact same problem did you get yours fixed?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor