Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2011 10:00

Command Center 2.6.11.0 Re-Released

I already installed this version last time it was available. It was then promptly pulled from the Dell website. If the version number is the same does anyone know if there are modifications to this re-released version?

57 Posts

April 25th, 2011 12:00

Good catch.

I installed it when it was previously released as well, but the AlienFX events were non-functional...Kinda of a big deal for me.

Anyone brave enough to try this new round?

29 Posts

April 25th, 2011 13:00

I think there is no diff probably because the file size, file version all are same when you check details of the file..

159 Posts

April 25th, 2011 17:00

Good catch.

I installed it when it was previously released as well, but the AlienFX events were non-functional

I found a fix for this on my rig, an Area 51 ALX.....Go to Windows media player using the media player plug-in....play any song that makes the lights change colors to match tempo....you only need to do this for a few seconds...close media player create an event....works right? For me it does.... You have do repeat this if you restart or shut down. found this be absolute accident....

159 Posts

April 25th, 2011 18:00

As for the workaround using the Media Plugin, does this work for the entire boot session? I remember the AlienFX events would work a few times, but it would ultimately become unresponsive. So does your method work just 'reawake' the device for a short time?

go Dark / Go Light in the taskbar was a fix I found that worked for a very short time....then they Events seemed to "go back to sleep".... This fix "activating" the media plug-in works me events for the ENTIRE boot time.....for me.....

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 25th, 2011 18:00

If the version number is the same does anyone know if there are modifications to this re-released version?

There is something different about it because it has a different checksum.

However, if you look inside it, the setup.exe and setup.iss appear to be the same as the old ones (also dated 2-17-2011). Without digging further, it appears the same setup files were used to just create a new copy of the distribution installer. I would say "no difference" ... which also jives with the fact that they used the same file name and rev. 

57 Posts

April 26th, 2011 11:00

Whoa, confirmed on my end! GREAT FIND, Rich!!! Glad I can keep the updated version - had to roll back previously and really missed the benefits of the latest version.

/win

57 Posts

April 26th, 2011 14:00

Confirmed on my end. Great catch, will keep the latest version of CC now.

:-) w00t

No Events found!