Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2011 21:00

Delivery date keeps slipping...

I ordered my Aurora r-3 July 12th and have since seen the delivery date slip from its original estimated due date of 7/22/11 to 7/29/11 and now finally to 8/511. I just wanted to ask some of you if this is normal occurrence if the parts are on back order? I've tried speaking with Dell customer service, but nobody can ever give me a clear cut answer. It's really frustrating and disappointing. If I don't recieve my computer by the latest  estimated date, I'm going to just cancel my order. Anyone else have any similar stories? I would like to hear them.

Oh I def will! Thanks! I'm also just assuming they have my items on back order. Its the only logical thing to think. No rep that I spoke to could even give me an answer lol.

2.4K Posts

Dell doesn't stock parts. They bring them in as needed so sometimes they run out. Chances are they are needing a single part..last I heard they had run out of gtx 580 cards.

Just gotta hang in there and wait for them to get whatever part it is. If you call them they can tell you what they are missing.

Sometimes you can get a discount,Dell gift card and whatnot if you call and complain. Try that :)

3 Posts

August 1st, 2011 10:00

Same problem here, delivery date was 7/28, i received an email saying it was delayed and that i would get another email 5 business days later if not shipped, date changed to N/A, called them, only thing they could tell me was that the new date was 8/2.

I hope it will ship soon. :)

1 Message

August 1st, 2011 11:00

Same here. Delivery date was 7/29 and then changed to 8/8 and then they cancelled it:

"We had to cancel your order due to a Dell operations request. Due to system error the original order did not quoted correctly. Therefore, we had to cancel your previous order and resubmit the order keeping the same configuration you ordered originally"

What does that even mean?

7 Posts

August 1st, 2011 13:00

It means you got lucky. You should cancel your order. Build your or own system or have someone build it for you for way less money. I can't believe people are still ordering the R3 with all of it known problems. I had one with nothing but problems, luckily I was refunded my money.

1 Message

August 1st, 2011 18:00

Happening with my M14x right now I hate it.

10 Posts

August 1st, 2011 20:00

I believe all of you guys are from US right? That's kinda strange people these problems never happen in SEA region, or rather I have yet to hear one of them happen.

All the Alienware(s) are always in-stock over here and people always get theirs before their EDD.

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 06:00

I'm from Canada, but my computer will ship from somewhere in the US, so i guess the delay is probably for the same reason as the other guys.

August 8th, 2011 09:00

Lame!  I ordered tha M11x on Friday and currrently it's showing for 8/19 and I was hoping to get it before PAX starts.  Hope they resolved this issue by now.

3 Posts

August 8th, 2011 09:00

My R3 was shipped wednesday last week (8/3). Tracking number from Dell customer service isn't working with any shipping company i tried... Gonna call them back today.

August 8th, 2011 10:00

When did you order it?  Just so I can get an idea of when to expect mine.  Did it meet the deadline?

As far as shipping, the tracking number usually tells you.  I used to work in a mailroom when I was in college so I know these things..lol  Usually UPS has something like 1Z and around 16 characters and FedEX is usually 3 sets of 4 numberrs.  It can be slightly longer if it's FedEX ground.

No Events found!