Dell AlienGUIse Theme Manager

We are currently working to bring the Dell AlienGUIse Theme Manager with the Breed theme to existing Alienware customers and non-customers alike. Keep checking www.alienwarearena.com for launch news.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
morblore
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell AlienGUIse Theme Manager

Any idea why they have been shipping systems with it for the past month but don't have it for download? Is it really that hard to make a link?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos
FireAza
2 Iron

I take it this will be the Win7 version? Will it be possible to use the previous Alienware skins in addition to BREED?

0 Kudos

They should if written for Win 7, but we are not going to validate them.

0 Kudos
FireAza
2 Iron

That's the funny thing. On the AlienGUIse website, it says that BREED is for WinXP only, yet it definitely works with Win7.

0 Kudos

Don't confuse their Breed with our version. Ours will be unique to Dell.

0 Kudos
hairbautt
2 Iron

Awesome! Can't wait.

I assume ya'll are usin' Stardock's WindowBlinds so will 3rd party themes work with it as well? How will the program update & what kind of license are we looking at?

I figure this maybe the slow up...but their questions worth asking...

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Don't confuse their Breed with our version. Ours will be unique to Dell.

Unique to Dell?

I guess that means it won't work?

0 Kudos
Mahare
2 Bronze

Unless I'm mistaken, they don't HAVE the new theme manager up. They have the VISTA and the XP AlienGUIse up. No Windows 7.

Alternately, there are users who have uploaded their own versions. These may well work, but they're also not supported by Dell or Alienware. They have not "officially" released it yet.

The technical term for this, RSL_MONGOOSE, is called "user error". If you had waited for an official Windows 7 version to come out, perhaps you would not be in such a situation. Mind you, it's taking way too long to come out, but that's another subject entirely.

0 Kudos