Highlighted
SCdeluxe
1 Nickel

Disc doesn't eject, alienware x51 R2

Jump to solution

Good day.

A couple of weeks ago, my PC (a X51 R2, bought beginning 2015, windows 8.1) stopped ejecting.

when I push eject, or use 'eject' via the menu it starts ejecting, but immediatly swallows it back in before the disc's so much even appears.

i tried to install that driver which I found on a discussion from somenone who had a similar problem.

last time, it ejected the disc when I performed a analisys, with the app. but just regular methods don't work.

please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Disc doesn't eject, alienware x51 R2

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Click here to view an article from the Microsoft support site regarding issues with the optical disk drive. Try doing resolution 3 in the article, check for both upper and lower filters and delete them, then test to confirm if the same issue persists. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Click here to view an article from the Microsoft support site regarding issues with the optical disk drive. Try doing resolution 3 in the article, check for both upper and lower filters and delete them, then test to confirm if the same issue persists. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
purple397
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Back up your registry before trying to delete filters.   Else you may end up Re Installing all of Windows to get it back to working.  Like I did.

0 Kudos
SCdeluxe
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

thanks a bunch for the link.

though, I had to use the 5th solution. 🙂

But it all worked out, thanks.

0 Kudos