Highlighted
8 Krypton

Does the Alienware M18xR2 support HDCP?

Jump to solution

I have an Alienware M18xR2 (specs below in my sig).  It has both a HDMI in and out. 

Can anyone tell me if the HDMI in supports HDCP?

I intend to plug a PVR (set top box) into it so I can both watch and record TV.  The PVR attaches by way of HDMI cable but it requires my laptop to be HDCP capable/compatible.

Can someone confirm please?

Alienware M18x R2 Intel i7 Extreme 3920XM (at Stock)  | 32GB Kingston (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600MHz

256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | 2 x 1TB HDD data drives (NON-RAID) | 1 x 500GB HDD

2 x 2GB GDDR5 GTX 680M - SLI | Killer Wireless-N 1103 | Slot-Loading Dual Layer Optiarc Blu-ray Burner

Windows 8 Pro X64 Secure Boot enabled

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does the Alienware M18xR2 support HDCP?

Jump to solution

Hi Heywheelie,

I just checked with our Level 3 crew and no, the HDMI in is not compatible with HDCP.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

1 Reply

Re: Does the Alienware M18xR2 support HDCP?

Jump to solution

Hi Heywheelie,

I just checked with our Level 3 crew and no, the HDMI in is not compatible with HDCP.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo