Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2016 08:00

Error while launching

Hey

I have got an alienware m17x which is around 3 years old. I have been running windows 10 for a while and things seemed to be working well. Then when i tried to turn on the computer it got a BSOD. I can't get into windows itself. The error code is 0x0000034. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Sorry about my bad english, it's not my first language.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 28th, 2016 11:00

Hi, 

Unfortunately, according to the policy document, the M17x series will not be supported on Windows 10. Some users have successfully installed Windows 10 on these non-supported systems. But they did all the driver investigation (example = installing 7/8/8.1 drivers) to force it to work. Dell does not have the resources to do this on non-supported systems.

10 Posts

January 28th, 2016 13:00

Okay, so how do i reset my opperating system without the windows disk? When i bought the pc, it was with preinstalled windows and the guys did not send the disk with it. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 29th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Look for a program in your system called Alien Respawn. With this software, you will be able to restore the system to factory settings. Click here to view a video that explains how to do this.

10 Posts

January 30th, 2016 06:00

it didn't work. I could not launch the thing with the alien screen. When i pressed the f8 key, nothing happend. Please help me

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

February 1st, 2016 13:00

Hi,

If you did a clean installation of Windows 10, it probably deleted the Alien Respawn recovery partition. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to get it back. You would have to do a clean installation of Windows using the media. Since you never received the media, you could try contacting the Sales support department to confirm if we have it available.

10 Posts

February 1st, 2016 14:00

Thank you so much for the help. 

No Events found!