Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2011 14:00

FX lighting being a bit funny, and probs with the motorised door?

Hi all,

recived my alienware area 51 alx a few days ago, pretty happy with it except a couple of things are a bit strange, like on start up sometimes the fx lighting doesint all come on at the same time or somtimes just the side lights come on and i have to go into the comand centre to sort it.  The command centre is up to date so i dont think its that, someone told me that the daughter board might need reset, but unsure how to do that, any help to do that would be apprecited.  Also my motorised door has been a bit tempramental, most of the time it works fine but sometimes i push the alien head it goes down fine, push it to go back goes up but then i can still hear the motor turning a second later it opens again and goes back down, after trailing the internet, and a few phone calls to support i got told that when the door goes back up to close if you push the top two cornerers gently your hear a couple of kilks on the runners and the door stays up and then works fine again. this does work to sort it without to much trouble and doesint damage it, is this a common fault? some people say somthing simlar in other threads but i would like to get some input back from yourselfs are my two problems related an i was told the daughter board controls the lights, motorised vents, does it control the door as well?  any and all input and feed back would be apprecited guys...thanks for taking the time to read the thead and reply...

Ali...

intel core i7 950 3.07GHz quad core

6gb ddr 3 tri channel 1333MHz

DVDRW x48

Nivida Geforce GTX 295

500gb 7,200rpm x1

1tb 7,200rpm x1

internal high defination audio 7.1

killer lan 2100

windows 7 home premium x64

cosmic black

also got....

m15X Intel Core i5

4bg ddr 3 tri channel

DVDRW x48

Nivida GeForce 1gb 260m

322 Posts

October 8th, 2011 15:00

Completely delete the old Comman Center from the Control Panel, programs and features then reboot.  Download the latest version of the CC from the Dell site for your computer and install it.  Just remember once you install the latest version if you ever do a reinstall of Windows DO NOT USE THE COMMAND CENTER software on the DVD as it will mess up the I/O card.  If that don't fix it you may have a bad I/O card.  I did on mine.  Have you had the window pop up with the CC errors on it?  My power door on the front quit working too.

19 Posts

Also, I have an m17x-r2. I know on that, if you have an advanced theme with alot of bars for color changes the theme wont load propery on boot. You have to wait for it to get into Windows for all the lights to work propery.  I dont know if the desktops are the same.

19 Posts

I had the same problem with my door when I got it yesterday. I purchased my Area-51 ALX from the outlet. The door came closed. Powered the tower on, pushed the alien head and it would go down. Push the alien head again and it would go up 99% of the way, the motor would whine for about 30 seconds then it would go back down again.

I was going to call tech support but figured what the heck, its broken already. I too forced it manually closed all the way. Since then it seems to be working just fine. But its only been a day and I've only used it a handful of times since.

5 Posts

October 8th, 2011 17:00

Thanks for the quick replys guys, but just notice something else werid sometimes when the system shuts down the vents close, lights go off expet for the white light at the power button but the fans and cooling stay on and dont go off and once i think it came back on but not sure like i say  only happen twice now but anyone know what this is again guys any help would be apprecited thanks...i keep you's updated on all developments...cheers

Ali...

intel core i7 950 3.07GHz quad core

6gb ddr 3 tri channel 1333MHz

DVDRW x48

Nivida Geforce GTX 295

500gb 7,200rpm x1

1tb 7,200rpm x1

internal high defination audio 7.1

killer lan 2100

windows 7 home premium x64

cosmic black

also got....

m15X Intel Core i5

4bg ddr 3 tri channel

DVDRW x48

Nivida GeForce 1gb 260m

5 Posts

October 8th, 2011 18:00

Hi Bd'

no pop up window with the command centre with errors on it if the lights go strange again i'll give your idea a go any ideas on my other post? and do you know of a good website for replacement parts just incase thanks again Ali...

No Events found!